Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

Just now, clapdiddy said:

Great question.   I don't know that any team is looking specifically for a second baseman.  He may wind up having more value in the offseason.

It's possible that his value this winter will be just as good as it is now. Naturally, it could decline or even improve pending his performance the remainder of this season. Hard to say.  I'm still hopeful he (and Gausman) gets dealt for a strong return, but am not expecting it.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Wow. Kind of a strange move for both teams. I know they're deep at OF, but I'm little surprised the Cards sold low on Pham. And acquiring a 30 year old player, albeit one under team control for a few years, seems like a strange move for a rebuilding team. I'm really surprised the Cards didn't try to dump Ozuna instead of Pham. He's the one I would have been shopping...

Yeah... if anyone, I'd have thought the Indians would have got Pham for CF.

52 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Somehow, I think the lure of playing in NY for the most recognizable name in the sport might win out over $$$.

Or, he might prefer to go to the team where he’s more likely to reach the majors and start.    

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They could “settle” for Gausman for a package headline by Baz. 

I think there's a decent chance they prefer Baz to Hayes. At least it has seemed like that in recent days with him being out to the side and Hayes/Cruz being brought up.

3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I guess i don't have a problem with not selling low on Gausman, Bundy or Schoop but the reports that we aren't actively shopping them is a little outrageous to me. 

The Orioles sure seemed active to me.  My guess is they've just reached a point in their negotiations that it's obvious  that no team will be stepping up with an offer that's clearly superior to what the Orioles would likely be able to get in the off-season or next year.

Archived