Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Sounds like Orioles' have drawn a line in the sand saying that in a trade for Gausman, this is a low as we are going to go, and the Pirates are hoping to get the Rays down below that point for Archer.  If so, I have no problem with that.  Ball's in Pirates' court.

I see the Rays giving up Archer before Gausman.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I think there's a decent chance they prefer Baz to Hayes. At least it has seemed like that in recent days with him being out to the side and Hayes/Cruz being brought up.

RHP Baz (4), SS Cruz (5), OF Mitchell (10) & RHP Holmes (18) would work for KG

I'm generally a bit surprised by how little has happened today, especially given how much has happened already this deadline and how many other names have been discussed and how many rentals are still available. I would be surprised if there were less than 10 more deals in the next 3 hours, but as noted above...crickets.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Wow. Kind of a strange move for both teams. I know they're deep at OF, but I'm little surprised the Cards sold low on Pham. And acquiring a 30 year old player, albeit one under team control for a few years, seems like a strange move for a rebuilding team. I'm really surprised the Cards didn't try to dump Ozuna instead of Pham. He's the one I would have been shopping...

They don't like Pham. They think he was a one year wonder. 

Archived