'18-'19 Free Agency strategy

99ct

41 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I noticed even Adam Jones mentioned him in one interview. I want AAA all-star types, not guys struggling against International League pitching. Mullins has been up and down also, but at least he can give us very good defense in center and some speed.

That's not how prospects work. And for the record DJ Stewart made the all-star game and played well in it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I think this is possible.  I think there are teams that would trade for Trumbo and send us 50 cents or a up to a dollar. 

Mark Trumbo has a 0.1 rWAR. No one wants him. He is not worth anything as a baseball player. Also, he hates pie and fun.

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

I noticed even Adam Jones mentioned him in one interview. I want AAA all-star types, not guys struggling against International League pitching. Mullins has been up and down also, but at least he can give us very good defense in center and some speed.

DJ Stewart was literally a AAA all star

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Mark Trumbo has a 0.1 rWAR. No one wants him. He is not worth anything as a baseball player. Also, he hates pie and fun.

Come on.....I’d pay a dollar. For fun... and on my team it would be pie for everyone. Every day!!!

5 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's painful to see Davis and Trumbo in that projected lineup. And to a lesser extent Villar. Maybe they can shift Villar to SS and sign Lemahieu? But only if he's cheap and it's not a long term deal. 

Villar has had a better WAR than Schoop 2 of the last 3 years.

Edit:  they are tied this year

6 hours ago, weams said:

That was when you OWNED players forever. 

Yeah, but Grich left as a free agent, unfortunately.

Better reason to slow down the process if you have only six years guaranteed - make sure they're ready.

We sign Machado. Promise him SS. Buck stays. We give him 10/300. 

Its not as crazy as it sounds. What’s the market?   NYY, BOS, LAD, HOU all have SS/3B. I’m not afraid of Philly

Look at our contracts for next year,

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/baltimore-orioles/payroll/2019/

Davis, Trumbo, Cashner, Cobb are the only people with guaranteed deals. 

Of course we have guys entering arb like Bundy, Givens, Joseph. Beckham is DFA material. Cashner is Trade-able. We could get creative and move Trumbo, attach some of positive value to him(Relief Pitcher). 

Its 5:40 am. Maybe I’m still dreaming. 

12 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I'd sign Valencia to play third one more year until Bannon or Mountcastle are ready.

I don't want to see Valencia or Beckham in an Orioles jersey next yr.  They are already stuck with Davis for a while and trumbo (hopefully not too much longer).  If your gonna stop gap a position at least be solid with the glove or we're gonna kill these young pitchers.

1B - Davis

2B - Valera

SS - Villar

3B - Wilkerson

LF - Mancini

CF - Mullins

RF - Rickard

C - Sisco 

DH Trumbo

Bench - Nunez, Wynns, Yaz, Peterson

Promoted later in the season: Mountcastle, Stewart, Diaz, Hays

SP - Cobb, Cashner, Ramirez, Hess, Means

RP - Scott, Carroll, Castro, Fry, Wright, Yacabonis, Kline

Norfolk Shuttle - Meisinger, Tate, Rogers, Luis Gonzalez, Akin. Flaa

DL - Bleier

Players gotten  in trade of Bundy, Givens and Hart  may change this roster.

No free agent signings.

Archived