Jean Carlos Encarnacion

weams

• 6 months later...

Someone should tell him not to stand in the batter’s box watching the flight of the ball.     There were literally guys crossing home plate with him standing 2-3 feet away.    It’s sort of understandable, because if it was caught the game is over and if not the winning runs probably were going to score even if that ball hit the top of the fence or something.    But, that’s a bad look.   

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Someone should tell him not to stand in the batter’s box watching the flight of the ball.     There were literally guys crossing home plate with him standing 2-3 feet away.    It’s sort of understandable, because if it was caught the game is over and if not the winning runs probably were going to score even if that ball hit the top of the fence or something.    But, that’s a bad look.   

I saw the same quotes on twitter and respectfully disagree. The ball was right down the line and I think he was watching if it was fair or foul. No problem with it...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I saw the same quotes on twitter and respectfully disagree. The ball was right down the line and I think he was watching if it was fair or foul. No problem with it...

Agreed. He didn't do a massive bat flip or start parading around the bases. He literally stood there to see it was fair or foul.

2 hours ago, zjsmith said:

Just looks bad. He is in low A ball, run down the line and let the umpire call it fair or foul.

I think that’s a bit dramatic. It’s either foul or a home run. Players do that at every level. Happens multiple times every game every day. I don’t think that falls under the category of “dogging it”.

15 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Shoot yourself up with enough steroids to kill secretariat but don’t break an unwritten rule. Gotta love baseball. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheDeau52 said:

I think that’s a bit dramatic. It’s either foul or a home run. Players do that at every level. Happens multiple times every game every day. I don’t think that falls under the category of “dogging it”.

What about bouncing off the top of the fence or the outfielder jumping up and knocking back on the field or just dropping it? It barely made it over the fence. I don't think this is huge deal, but I'm pretty sure he was was probably talked to about that.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

What about bouncing off the top of the fence or the outfielder jumping up and knocking back on the field or just dropping it? It barely made it over the fence. I don't think this is huge deal, but I'm pretty sure he was was probably talked to about that.

This is my point, though as I said, if the third run comes home it’s irrelevant where he ends up on the bases.  And to be clear, I’m not making a huge deal of it.   But it certainly doesn’t happen “multiple times every game every day.”    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy basically standing in the batters box watching his hit while a runner is literally crossing home plate.    At least jog up the line!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This is my point, though as I said, if the third run comes home it’s irrelevant where he ends up on the bases.  And to be clear, I’m not making a huge deal of it.   But it certainly doesn’t happen “multiple times every game every day.”    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy basically standing in the batters box watching his hit while a runner is literally crossing home plate.    At least jog up the line!

In fact, if the ball stays in play and they throw him out at first base, the game is over and no runs score if there were two outs.