Projected 2019 Arbitration Salaries

theocean

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Beckhan and Peterson I can see non tendered.   Joseph is pretty cheap at 1.7m as a backup with options.   I wonder if the O's believe that is all he would get through arbitration.

1.7 million is 1.1 million more than the league minimum.  Don't see what Joseph brings that is worth that.  

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

1.7 million is 1.1 million more than the league minimum.  Don't see what Joseph brings that is worth that.  

I think Wynns deserves to be in the majors.   Sisco needs more time in the minors.  It would be a pretty big jump from AA to the majors for Cervenka.   So the O's need a 2nd catcher at the major league level.    If not Joseph, who?   When someone can show who can do that job for 600k, I might agree.  Until then I would keep Joseph in the mix.

Just now, wildcard said:

I think Wynns deserves to be in the majors.   Sisco needs more time in the minors.  It would be a pretty big jump from AA to the majors for Cervenka.   So the O's need a 2nd catcher at the major league level.    If not Joseph, who?   When someone can show who can do that job for 600k, I might agree.  Until then I would keep Joseph in the mix.

SIsco is not spending any more time in any minors. For anyone. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

SIsco is not spending any more time in any minors. For anyone. 

Well, he sure doesn't look ready for the majors.  And he did not tear up AAA either.  And the O's are unlikely to give up on him.  I think time in the minors is the best thing for him.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Well, he sure doesn't look ready for the majors.  And he did not tear up AAA either.  And the O's are unlikely to give up on him.  I think time in the minors is the best thing for him.

Na. He'll play. He's at least as good as Caleb, and he bats from the left side. 

Just now, weams said:

Na. He'll play. He's at least as good as Caleb, and he bats from the left side. 

I don't agree.  Sisco can't control the running game.   He's not that good as a defensive catcher.  And he didn't hit this year. Other than that he is fine.

Joseph can control he running game.  He is a good defensive catcher.  He can't hit. And he is not a long term solution.  

The O's need a better catcher at the major league level to compliment Wynns.    For me that is Joseph until the O's have someone better.  Wynns as the 1st string catcher and Joseph as the back up.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I don't agree.  Sisco can't control the running game.   He's not that good as a defensive catcher.  And he didn't hit this year. Other than that he is fine.

Joseph can control he running game.  He is a good defensive catcher.  He can't hit. And he is not a long term solution.  

The O's need a better catcher at the major league level to compliment Wynns.    For me that is Joseph until the O's have someone better.  Wynns as the 1st string catcher and Joseph as the back up.

I could see them bringing back Joseph for the reasons you stated - they need a veteran catcher just to get through the season. I think that as long as Joseph settles to a fair salary early in the offseason, he'll be back. If he wants an arbitration trial - like he has in the past - I think he gets non-tendered.

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Is Jace Peterson better than Wilkerson?  I can't see the O's paying him over a million.

I don't see Peterson keeping his 40 man roster spot.  If he wants to sign a AAA contract with an invite to ST,  I can see that happening.  

Right now I think 2nd base is a open competition in ST.   Wilkerson and Valera from the 40 man roster.   Peterson and Corban Joseph from the AAA roster.  And whoever the new GM brings in.

Villar at SS.

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

They can sign a minor league free agent.  Plenty of guys who cant hit who are out there.  No reason to overpay. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, wildcard said:

Joseph - 60 steal attempts in 685 innings, 33% CS.

Sisco - 42 steal attempts in 385 innings, 31% CS.

Joseph was a little better but I wouldn’t call that a drastic difference in controlling the running game.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Joseph - 60 steal attempts in 685 innings, 33% CS.

Sisco - 42 steal attempts in 385 innings, 31% CS.

Joseph was a little better but I wouldn’t call that a drastic difference in controlling the running game.

The numbers suggest opponents run on Sisco 20 to 25% more often. 

Archived