When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Roch said there would be an announcement just before ws which would be tomorrow or immediately after the ws.  We will see about tomorrow.  I think they already have it locked down.

Roch has said that there will be a gm announcement before the ws?

On 10/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

25 years old, this isn’t the time for the Orioles to gamble on someone.  If she was a male no one would be hyping her for a GM position.

Look at personnel from the Astros, Indians and Rays.  They know how to scout and develop talent on a budget.  

They might. I don't hold a persons youth and so-called inexperience against them. 

So I stepped away from this thread for awhile...how can we be close to hiring a GM when I haven't heard a single rumor linking the team to anyone.

And there is NO WAY I'm hiring a 25 year old. That's a completely ridiculous notion and I have a very  hard time believing that person would be respected by other more seasoned GMs. I'm not saying that we need to hire a old curmudgeon, but 25? C'mon folks. Be realistic!

22 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

They might. I don't hold a persons youth and so-called inexperience against them. 

Youth no, but inexperience you most certainly hold against someone. There's a reason they don't make kids just out of college CEOs (unless they're trust fund babies). 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So I stepped away from this thread for awhile...how can we be close to hiring a GM when I haven't heard a single rumor linking the team to anyone.

The failure of the Angelos brothers to not let the fans know they are actively interviewing candidates is more of the same old Orioles.  And Roch tweeting about it doesn't count.  Talk to the media.

They don’t have to name people being considered, just let the fans know the process is underway.

They keep the fans in the dark and wonder why no one comes to the games.  

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Can they legally do that, I thought MLB has a ban in place that prevented this?

This ban didn't stop the Angels or Reds from announcing their new manager hires.  It didn't stop the Cardinals from announcing they would resign Wainwright to a significantly reduced contract.  It didn't stop the Marlins from signing the Mesa brothers.  It seems the ban only applies to the O's.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

This ban didn't stop the Angels or Reds from announcing their new manager hires.  It didn't stop the Cardinals from announcing they would resign Wainwright to a significantly reduced contract.  It didn't stop the Marlins from signing the Mesa brothers.  It seems the ban only applies to the O's.

Teams are not supposed to make announcements during the World Series, which doesn't start until tomorrow. Remember the outcry when Scott Boras announced during the series that ARod was invoking his opt out with the Yankees? It was such a big deal that ARod fired him.

Archived