Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yes it appears the Angelos brothers get it. Still have to follow through and rebuild the organization.

Biggest thing will be for them to stay out of the way of Elias and Mejdal and let them do their jobs and not meddle into their business like their Dad did.  If they don't, I think this team can be very successful. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's a good point, but the buck has always stopped at PGA interference and nixing deals.  

Maybe the hold up in announcing it is Elias ensuring that he's going to have final say. I suspect he's not coming here to be a puppet and that's not what they expect of him. Hell, maybe Brady had something to do with the hire. We'll find out soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Maybe the hold up in announcing it is Elias ensuring that he's going to have final say. I suspect he's not coming here to be a puppet and that's not what they expect of him. Hell, maybe Brady had something to do with the hire. We'll find out soon enough.

I think it's the owners meetings.

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Really can't ask for a better solution than with Elias and Mejdal coming in to lead this organization! I'm trying to temper my excitement until I hear them discuss the way forward, but love this so far!

It's like getting a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle for Christmas.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's a good point, but the buck has always stopped at PGA interference and nixing deals.  

Yeah that needs to stop.  I can see letting ownership signing off on major acquisitions or setting a budget.

But there were reports that the Orioles lost out on utility players last season because ownership wanted to review the contract first.  Really you have to get ownership approval to sign a Ryan Flaherty?  

Archived