Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Frobby said:

I wonder if Elias was an Orioles fan growing up.   He grew up in Northern Virginia and graduated high school several years before the Nats moved to DC.

Looking forward to the press conference.  

Maybe he was like Mark Teixeira and wore his Mattingly jersey to the yards. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if Elias was an Orioles fan growing up.   He grew up in Northern Virginia and graduated high school several years before the Nats moved to DC.

Looking forward to the press conference.  

That would usually make him a Red Sox fan right?

Ok. Wanna good few minute? Read this.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/orioles/orioles-mishandled-their-search-new-general-manager-and-still-ended-home-run-hire

The Baltimore Orioles let a lame duck general manager engineer the most important trade deadline in recent franchise history, showed interest in some of the most uninspired executive candidates on the market, attended the GM Meetings without yet having a new GM, and somehow still managed to land the best possible candidate on the market. After spending months, if not years, digging deeper and deeper into a self-imposed hole, they figured out a way to come out smelling like roses.

Orioles hire Mike Elias from Astros as executive VP, GM

He will "oversee all baseball operations for the club and have full autonomy to build his staff and make decisions on all baseball matters," according to the Orioles, who made the announcement Friday in a press release. Elias will be introduced at a news conference in Baltimore on Monday.
6 hours ago

If only this sentence is true we've reached a new era in Orioles baseball and should be celebrated loudly by all fans but especially us here at the OH!!!!

2 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

I am so happy with this hire and the direction we appear to be headed in.  I, as well as most fans I am guessing, don't mind sucking for a while if the rebuild is done properly..

Now if only the Redskins would get rid of Bruce Allen.....

Bruce Allen isn't the problem. It's at the top of the food chain. I have a bunch of friends and relatives that are Skins fans. I used to party with a few of the players. It's the Owner.

Archived