Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Chance is going to have to put up a 900+ OPS to make it worth putting up with his defense behind home plate. At least if he keeps hitting the Orioles can DH him or move him to another position long term. 

Ok, that's a fine opinion, I was just responding to the statement "but it was supposed to be compensated for by his offense," which seems to imply that it's not.

Using WAR as a simple short-hand, he's been worth 0.3 rWAR and 0.2 fWAR over 31 PA.  If we were to extrapolate this to 400, it would be approximately 3.9 and 2.6, respectively.

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

Ok, that's a fine opinion, I was just responding to the statement "but it was supposed to be compensated for by his offense," which seems to imply that it's not.

Using WAR as a simple short-hand, he's been worth 0.3 rWAR and 0.2 fWAR over 31 PA.  If we were to extrapolate this to 400, it would be approximately 3.9 and 2.6, respectively.

I like Chance as a prospect but he is not winning me over with his defense. I can see why Elias and Hyde sent him to Norfolk. 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I didn't see the interview, but this doesn't tell me which runner called for the double steal. It can't be both of them, can it?

And I don't understand how Hyde can let these guys call their own double steal in that situation.

Hyde's got a hard, thankless job, but his inexperience is really showing at times.

All valid comments that I don't have good answers to.  I was a bit shocked that Hyde admitted they did the double-steal without him or any other coach calling for it - don't know if that's a case of the inmates taking over the asylum.    

15 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

All valid comments that I don't have good answers to.  I was a bit shocked that Hyde admitted they did the double-steal without him or any other coach calling for it - don't know if that's a case of the inmates taking over the asylum.    

I hope the inmates are taking over the asylum. 

The Sisco hate here is unreal. The Os have a 24 year old catcher who tore up AAA, has shown real on base ability at every stop in the organization, and yes made a bad play last night. I’m not worried about his defense this year or the next. He needs to be behind the dish 4 times a week and in the lineup 6 times a week. Let’s see what’s real here. Or we could just wait for Caleb Jospeh to get released again...

6 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

The Sisco hate here is unreal. The Os have a 24 year old catcher who tore up AAA, has shown real on base ability at every stop in the organization, and yes made a bad play last night. I’m not worried about his defense this year or the next. He needs to be behind the dish 4 times a week and in the lineup 6 times a week. Let’s see what’s real here. Or we could just wait for Caleb Jospeh to get released again...

I'm pro Sisco, I've been involved in numerous heated discussions concerning his throwing and other aspects of his defense.

But missing two tags is getting me worried.  A missed tag at home is a run and a missed out.  That's a lot more important then a baserunner moving from first to second.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pro Sisco, I've been involved in numerous heated discussions concerning his throwing and other aspects of his defense.

But missing two tags is getting me worried.  A missed tag at home is a run and a missed out.  That's a lot more important then a baserunner moving from first to second.

At least with Sisco we can tell ourselves it's growing pains, getting used to the speed of the game up here.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes you are one of the few.  Tagging is  something so fixable that to me it’s not worth sweating.  I’m more excited that he drew a walk last night.

Generally I am more frustrated that posters seem beholden to early scouting reports on prospects. It’s been especially bad with Sisco.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Hyde really doesn't have a lot of options with a short bench, but I do agree that I'd like to see hi start t hold these players accountable with either benchings or being pulled from games. 

I can't really hold him very accountable for this team, but it will bare watching how he deals with these continued bone-headed plays from players.

How much does Hyde want Davis gone you think

1 minute ago, El_Duderino said:

Yes you are one of the few.  Tagging is  something so fixable that to me it’s not worth sweating.  I’m more excited that he drew a walk last night.

Generally I am more frustrated that posters seem beholden to early scouting reports on prospects. It’s been especially bad with Sisco.

And Stewart.

20 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Remind me his "tearing up" any league he was in last year, other than the Grapefruit League. He had a got hot for a month and a half in AAA this year. He has also been noted a defensive liability since early in his career, which was given some leeway because he was new to the position. It isn't like people are just picking things up out of nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You and I have had numerous discussions. But his tagging concerns me too and his throws so far. His 1 "caught stealing" is because the guy slid off the bag. I haven't seen a good throw from him yet and the throw to Davis last night was just awful. Maybe "old" Davis makes that scoop though, but he didn't really give him a shot.

Now, he has had all of 25 at bats in the majors, so not many games. If he is still making these mistakes in late July, then it becomes a much, much larger issue.

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Remind me his "tearing up" any league he was in last year, other than the Grapefruit League. He had a got hot for a month and a half in AAA this year. He has also been noted a defensive liability since early in his career, which was given some leeway because he was new to the position. It isn't like people are just picking things up out of nowhere.

He has over 2k at bats in our system and has gotten on base at a .378 clip. 

• Upvote 1