Elias Progress Thread

Tony-OH

• 2 weeks later...

According to sources, the Orioles are parting ways with minor league hitting coordinator Jeff Manto, minor league catching coordinator Don Werner, special assignment pitching instructor Ramón Martinez, Single-A Frederick manager Ryan Minor, Keys pitching coach Justin Lord and hitting coach Bobby Rose, short-season Single-A Aberdeen development coach Jack Graham and Rookie-level Gulf Coast League field coach Carlos Tosca. Also, Calvin Maduro and Scott McGregor were let go. 

Not sure if the decisions were W-L results based.   Elias’ public statements emphasize the development system he and Sig are implementing.  I think they want those graduating from Delmarva next season to continue developing within stated system with no variances.  (Past generations would have considered this an “our way or the highway” approach)

McGregor’s removal from Sarasota rehab position seems in line with this as well.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, weams said:

Killed off Fan Fest.

I doubt this was an Elias decision.  It’s possible he may have offered some input about it, but ultimately, the decision likely was made on the business/ownership side.  Still newsworthy, just not sure it needs to be in this particular thread.

7 minutes ago, Obando said:

I doubt this was an Elias decision.  It’s possible he may have offered some input about it, but ultimately, the decision likely was made on the business/ownership side.  Still newsworthy, just not sure it needs to be in this particular thread.

It's possible. I assumed that he did not wish to make decisions to help with the false premise that a competitive team was being assembled. 

13 hours ago, Obando said:

I have to imagine that the loss they take on fanfest, even with autograph vouchers and other things being sold, is pretty enormous all things considered.  If they replace events like fan fest and season ticket holder appreciation days with other events (even if they require you to pay for a ticket, maybe they are more frequent events) but only if they are indeed replacing them.