Elias Progress Thread

Tony-OH

14 minutes ago, connja said:

I do love Elias, but it's June 4 and we have 3 players in tonights starting lineup with BA's under .200.  Way under .200.  Painful.

One of them is now hitting over .200 (and .300 with the Orioles), thirteen minutes after you posted this.

This year and next year are development years. And lots of losing. That's the way rebuilds go. To expect the O's to be competitive or starting certain players service time isn't going to happen. The players that do get called up better perform or they won't be here the next time the O's are winning.

20 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

So all teams don't do it you just think the O's should with a RH 1B/DH guy and you figured it wouldn't sound as bad this way.

Corn, it's pretty clear you're just trolling me and I'm not really in the mood for a back and forth. Believe what you want to believe. 

17 hours ago, atomic said:

He is the fifth highest player in WAR on the team. You know the team that is the worst in the major leagues. The one that is historically terrible.  If he were playing a position I would give him the benefit of the doubt but he is the DH and we already have a bunch of DH's on the team.

Like I said, I'm very skeptical that Mountcastle could do better in his first stink the bigs. He was never a Pete Alonso / Austin Riley type prospect. And again, what does it matter? Even if he were to light the league on fire it wouldn't be enough to suddenly vault this terrible team into contention. This is a lost year. I just want them to call up the prospects in September (to give us a taste) and then give them all a legitimate shot to make the team next year. I've already written off the season and I think (for your sanity) you should do the same. 

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Like I said, I'm very skeptical that Mountcastle could do better in his first stink the bigs. He was never a Pete Alonso / Austin Riley type prospect. And again, what does it matter? Even if he were to light the league on fire it wouldn't be enough to suddenly vault this terrible team into contention. This is a lost year. I just want them to call up the prospects in September (to give us a taste) and then give them all a legitimate shot to make the team next year. I've already written off the season and I think (for your sanity) you should do the same. 

*stint in

6 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Enough is enough, DFA Davis, we have guys that could use the playing time, Sisco and Mountcastle among others

Getting rid of Martin and Davis would help my stress level dramatically.  Even if they don't win anymore games neither of those guys belongs being anywhere near a major league field. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Getting rid of Martin and Davis would help my stress level dramatically.  Even if they don't win anymore games neither of those guys belongs being anywhere near a major league field. 

If you dont brother to watch the games, why is your stress level so high?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...