Machado and Harper: Yankees bound?

MemorialStadKid

Stumbled across this today: 

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/manny-machado-bryce-harper-are-staring-at-same-money-decision/

So the Dodgers and Yankees could offer shorter deals for large annual values and force Harper/Machado to decide whether they want the long money or an all-but-guaranteed chance to win annually and another shot at free agency at, say, age 30 — younger, if outs are included. Word is neither player particularly likes Philadelphia and both would have preferred the Yankees, who have shown little interest in Harper.

So it seems Machado will end up on the Yankees as Buck predicted years ago. 

It would be terrifying if the Yankees got both. I might not watch MLB next year if they signed these two. 

Geesh. 

MSK

7 hours ago, MemorialStadKid said:

Stumbled across this today: 

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/manny-machado-bryce-harper-are-staring-at-same-money-decision/

So it seems Machado will end up on the Yankees as Buck predicted years ago. 

It would be terrifying if the Yankees got both. I might not watch MLB next year if they signed these two

Geesh. 

MSK

I doubt they will get both. But I hope they do.  With two guys all about themselves I am sure the team will self-destruct quickly enough. 

I'm guessing that when the dust settles, Machado will indeed be a Yankee.

I have a gut instinct that Harper will stay right where he is. For all the talk about "close friends" and "insiders" speculating that, all things being equal, he'd prefer to sign with the Dodgers/Cubs/Yankees/whichever big market club, I actually believe him when he's said he's all in on D.C. He does strike me as a guy who'd appreciate the impact and significance of winning a city its first World Series in over nine decades. 

1 hour ago, McLikin said:

I'm guessing that when the dust settles, Machado will indeed be a Yankee.

I have a gut instinct that Harper will stay right where he is. For all the talk about "close friends" and "insiders" speculating that, all things being equal, he'd prefer to sign with the Dodgers/Cubs/Yankees/whichever big market club, I actually believe him when he's said he's all in on D.C. He does strike me as a guy who'd appreciate the impact and significance of winning a city its first World Series in over nine decades

I am pretty certain that Harper will be a National.  First off he hires Boras so that means he only cares about money.  Second I think the Nationals are bidding against themselves.  

Archived