Orioles claim Austin Brice Designate Valera (Traded to Giants for CC)

jrobb21613

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Why? Decent 2B that can lead off, two years left in arbitration? Do the Orioles suddenly not need any okay-to-good players?

Or is it just some made up narrative that the OH is pushing that we’re just going to trade everyone with a little bit of talent?

Its part on the announced rebuild.  Get younger and cheaper.  Villar will play 2019 at 28 years old.   If the O's contend in 3 years he will be 31.   He is projected to make 5m this year. Next year that will be 7 to 8M.  The O's trade Gausman and Schoop has they reached that level.  He currently has 2 season before he is a free agent.   In a rebuild logically he would be traded for prospect before he reaches free agency.

43 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I believe that Elias was in St. Louis when they signed Valera.  Maybe he was never that impressed?

I have to think you are correct.  Elias is either not impressed with Valera or he thinks he can get him through waivers.

I am unimpressed with Hart, Wright and Susac.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I have to think you are correct.  Elias is either not impressed with Valera or he thinks he can get him through waivers.

I am unimpressed with Hart, Wright and Susac.

Donnie Hart is awful. Awful. 

21 minutes ago, weams said:

Donnie Hart is awful. Awful. 

An awfully good LOOGY. Haha. They have to see something in Hart. Opener?

Valera is a light hitting/no arm 2B.

Susac is still around because we are really thin at C right now. 

A P like Wright is always going to have more value than Valera. With both being fringe MLBers. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

An awfully good LOOGY. Haha. They have to see something in Hart. Opener?

Valera is a light hitting/no arm 2B.

Susac is still around because we are really thin at C right now. 

A P like Wright is always going to have more value than Valera. With both being fringe MLBers. 

These are all fringe players.   None of  them have a good chance of making the 25 man roster this spring.  But Valera has an option.   Hart, Wright and Susac have to pass through waivers to get them to the minors.

Archived