Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

I mean.. he's good at what he does... he mashes left handed pitching.  He's not good as in an all-star caliber player or even a regular starter.  But for what he is, he is good.

...and we've played Valencia almost as much against rights (47 ABs) as we have against lefties (57 ABs). Nice work Buck. 

For the record, Valencia is only hitting .263 with 3 HRs and 5 RBIs against lefties this season. I'd hardly call that "mashing".  He's really just #notgood. 

22 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

We just have to continue to grind.

You know what, if I hear this Buck'ism ONE MORE TIME I MAY PUKE.

it's old, and worn out, just like the entire team plays...

I got some news for ya Mr Davis the guy who's turning in one of the WORST seasons in MLB history is NOT THE CORE OR GUTS OF THIS TEAM.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP...

I grind my teeth every time I watch them play so there's that. 

34 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So how many baseball seasons are you willing to cancel to get the players union to agree to that enormous concession?

Seems like it would be easier just NOT TO OFFER 7 YEAR CONTRACTS TO 30+ YEAR OLD PLAYERS.   That solves the whole problem without cancelling the World Series two years in a row.

Exactly! Blaming Davis for his lack of work ethic  / willingness to make adjustments is one thing, but blaming him for his contract is another. It's solely on Angelos, Buck, and Brady's hands. They're supposed to be the experts responsible for gauging the marketing, evaluating talent, etc. They are also #notgood. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

...and we've played Valencia almost as much against rights (47 ABs) as we have against lefties (57 ABs). Nice work Buck. 

For the record, Valencia is only hitting .263 with 3 HRs and 5 RBIs against lefties this season. I'd hardly call that "mashing".  He's really just #notgood. 

His .OPS is .810 this year.  #actuallypretygood

6 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

In my humble opinion, Davis has completely lost it. Not only at the plate and but also in his line of thinking.

Davis, you're hitting .156, your OPS is .483 and you've scored 9 runs on the season. What in the world are you talking about who the real players are and the guts of the team for.

Nothing is wrong and there is a actual game plan? Is it for the entire team to swing at anything that leaves the pitcher's hand and for you to continue to strike out looking on fastballs right down the middle of the plate?

Look, I have nothing wrong with encouraging teammates and trying to be positive etc but if I'm your teammate and you're the highest paid player on the team hitting in the .150's constantly not lifting the bat off your shoulder, I don't think there is much advice I would take from someone performing at a way below replacement player level.

masn

Used to be he struck out a lot and hit home runs.   Now he just strikes out a lot. 

6 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

In my humble opinion, Davis has completely lost it. Not only at the plate and but also in his line of thinking.

Davis, you're hitting .156, your OPS is .483 and you've scored 9 runs on the season. What in the world are you talking about who the real players are and the guts of the team for.

Nothing is wrong and there is a actual game plan? Is it for the entire team to swing at anything that leaves the pitcher's hand and for you to continue to strike out looking on fastballs right down the middle of the plate?

Look, I have nothing wrong with encouraging teammates and trying to be positive etc but if I'm your teammate and you're the highest paid player on the team hitting in the .150's constantly not lifting the bat off your shoulder, I don't think there is much advice I would take from someone performing at a way below replacement player level.

masn

If I'm your teammate, I talk to you about after baseball plans.  And VERY secure investments. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If you read the quote from Davis one thing stands out. He called the lineup "one dimensional" and he's right. Even he sees it.  I've been saying for years this concept of a beer league softball team with nothing but sluggers wasn't the way to go long term. What amazes me is that the front office apparently still thinks it is.

5 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

If you read the quote from Davis one thing stands out. He called the lineup "one dimensional" and he's right. Even he sees it.  I've been saying for years this concept of a beer league softball team with nothing but sluggers wasn't the way to go long term. What amazes me is that the front office apparently still thinks it is.

Chris is not participating in that one-dimensional lineup. His contributions to the team this year have been non-dimensional.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

So how many baseball seasons are you willing to cancel to get the players union to agree to that enormous concession?

Seems like it would be easier just NOT TO OFFER 7 YEAR CONTRACTS TO 30+ YEAR OLD PLAYERS.   That solves the whole problem without cancelling the World Series two years in a row.

Personally, if the Orioles are going into the gutter for another decade, I could care less if baseball seasons are canceled. 

And I actually stated earlier, that I blamed the Orioles and not Davis.

7 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

I think this alone is an HHP.

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Exactly! Blaming Davis for his lack of work ethic  / willingness to make adjustments is one thing, but blaming him for his contract is another. It's solely on Angelos, Buck, and Brady's hands. They're supposed to be the experts responsible for gauging the marketing, evaluating talent, etc. They are also #notgood. 

Never blamed Davis. In an earlier post, I named the exact trio at fault for the Davis contract. He can laugh all the way to the bank for all I care.