Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 minutes ago, weams said:

He says that the only way he is able to carry on is because of the great attitudes and supportive personalities that he encounters everywhere he goes in Baltimore. 

I guess none of them post here.  

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Two words: Scott Boras

Boras has made his money, he couldn't stop Davis from retiring. They can spin this thing anyway they'd like.If Davis retires then a buyout makes perfect sense and saves Davis from furthermore embarrassment...it's good for both sides. Davis has 4 more seasons, pay him for two ...good for both sides.

If Boras is still owed for the unpaid portion ...make a deal with Chris to pay half of the approximately 5%( 2 remaining years) if necessary.

Davis had a very good night, 2 for 4 plus a sac fly. The fact that he was hitting fastballs in the upper 90s makes me wonder if he can improve, after all. I don't think he'll ever again be the dominant power hitter he was a few years ago, but maybe he can put up an .800 OPS for a couple of years. That would make it worth playing him, even though he'll never be worth the contract.

9 minutes ago, Horsepower said:

More screw ups by Davis again tonight,,,,,,,,,,,why did he not tag and score?  He is a train wreck. 

He is a nice guy who genuinely wants to contribute but somehow, some way the skills he once had have deserted him.

The contract that the Orioles agreed to after a protracted period of bidding against themselves is a train wreck.  I'm considerably frustrated with CD right now, but nonetheless I think this is a distinction worth making.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, Roll Tide said:

Boras has made his money, he couldn't stop Davis from retiring. They can spin this thing anyway they'd like.If Davis retires then a buyout makes perfect sense and saves Davis from furthermore embarrassment...it's good for both sides. Davis has 4 more seasons, pay him for two ...good for both sides.

If Boras is still owed for the unpaid portion ...make a deal with Chris to pay half of the approximately 5%( 2 remaining years) if necessary.

Do you know this? I don't. I think Chris' interviews are disingenuous and are scripted by PR lately.

7 hours ago, 24fps said:

He is a nice guy who genuinely wants to contribute but somehow, some way the skills he once had have deserted him.

The contract that the Orioles agreed to after a protracted period of bidding against themselves is a train wreck.  I'm considerably frustrated with CD right now, but nonetheless I think this is a distinction worth making.

Is he? I'm uncertain that he is giving the full effort that he gave to baseball during the time that he "earned" that contract. 

8 hours ago, 24fps said:

Baseball players who genuinely want to contribute to their teams don't end up like Chris Davis, still at third base after two consecutive plays on which, as Buck said, he should have scored. Does he not care anymore or has he lost his judgment?