Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

I thought he had a decent AB in the first inning last night. He was just a little off on that high outside 3-1 fastball. That’s a pitch he was driving out the park years ago. Looks like the guy has major confidence issues that is preventing what he is capable of doing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I am wondering how Opening Day will go for Chris?  Hope he gets some hits before Thursday. 

O's fans in the crowd will be more concerned with out-cheering the Yankee fans than with booing Chris Davis.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I thought he had a decent AB in the first inning last night. He was just a little off on that high outside 3-1 fastball. That’s a pitch he was driving out the park years ago. Looks like the guy has major confidence issues that is preventing what he is capable of doing. 

Yes your confidence wanes when your skills have eroded.

Anyone that watches batting practice can see how much bat speed he has lost.

I'm very surprised with all the analytics that bat speed is not measured on every player (probably is), and it would be clear how washed up Chris Davis is.

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I hope so, but if the OH is any indication, then I’m not too optimistic...

It's not.  People are frustrated with Davis but not to the point where he'll get the Hyun-soo Kim treatment.

11 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It's not.  People are frustrated with Davis but not to the point where he'll get the Hyun-soo Kim treatment.

That was all the Orioles fault. Looking back on it specifically Buck. He leaked it out there about Kim being sent down or going back to Korea. More I think about it the more wrong it was. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hmm, I had the complete opposite reaction. Because he was ahead in the count and got a pitch to drive, it was disappointing to see him weakly roll over on it. 

But hey, contact....

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Contact or contract?

Nice.

The contract is the only reason he’s playing at all. He certainly doesn’t add much. Mancini is passable enough defensively at 1B. 

I’m sure I’ll hear again how Davis played GG defense. One season. Years ago. I remember him dropping balls when he first got there.