Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

49 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Would you be doing interviews if you were hitting .150 and knocking down $27 mil per?? LOL

You would if the club asked you to.  It's part of the contract.  That being said, I don't think the O's have any interest in making him feel worse.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Don't worry Brady's got this.

Actually Brady is pretty good regarding a short powerful rotational swing. 

Which Davis has gradually gotten more and more linear by not “staying connected” throughout his swing.

Look up Mike Epstein  and his teachings on rotational vs linear swing and then watch footage of Davis during his good years vs now. 

Long story short, his swing has become much more arms(Long) and less rotational(body/power/short). This accounts for his bat speed issues. 

22 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

Which Davis has gradually gotten more and more linear by not “staying connected” throughout his swing.

Look up Mike Epstein  and his teachings on rotational vs linear swing and then watch footage of Davis during his good years vs now. 

Long story short, his swing has become much more arms(Long) and less rotational(body/power/short). This accounts for his bat speed issues. 

If Brady fixes Davis, I’ll lobby for him to get the GM job.

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m not saying that he could. I’m just saying that Brady was actually good at what Davis has been getting worse and worse at. 

33 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

Very good analysis. 

57 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I won't.  But I might lobby for him to become Ambassador to Sri Lanka or maybe Tonga where he can work on his tan and do a helluva lot less overall damage to something I care about.

7 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I won't.  But I might lobby for him to become Ambassador to Sri Lanka or maybe Tonga where he can work on his tan and do a helluva lot less overall damage to something I care about.

You don't care about our relations with Tonga?

15 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I wasn’t being serious and I think there is no fixing Davis.

My biggest concern is they can’t find any candidate, and we get Brady and/or Buck running the show.  

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wasn’t being serious and I think there is no fixing Davis.

My biggest concern is they can’t find any candidate, and we get Brady and/or Buck running the show.  

Anyone that doesn't have one of these jobs would take it. Anyone. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't care about our relations with Tonga?

I have considerably more confidence in the good people of Tonga to recognize reality and exercise common sense than the ownership of the Baltimore Orioles.  Considerably.

They'll do just fine...

Archived