Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

But the real question is, why didn't he do any changes in the off season?  Why wait until he's called out on it?  The season is lost and he didn't help.  So, if he comes around, will it change anything?  Next year may not be any better than this one.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

June 12th - June 21st (8 Games)

Image result for Chris Davis Dog

o

Yes, Chris Davis with that one homer essentially broke free of the leash for the rest of 2018.   He will play now no matter if he goes hitless the rest of the season. 

25 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

June 12th - June 21st (8 Games)

Image result for Chris Davis Dog

o

14 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yes, Chris Davis with that one homer essentially broke free of the leash for the rest of 2018. He will play now no matter if he goes hitless the rest of the season. 

o

I don't think that Davis' home run yesterday was what broke him free of the leash.

I believe that he was deemed to be free of the leash for the foreseen future, regardless of what happened in said game.

Whether or not he gets another similar time off period later this season (or next season) for "retooling" remains to be seen.

o

54 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I don't think that Davis' home run yesterday was what broke him free of the leash.

I believe that he was deemed to be free of the leash for the foreseen future, regardless of what happened in said game.

Whether or not he gets another similar time off period later this season (or next season) for "retooling" remains to be seen.

o

I agree that the homer was not definitive.  But it might enable Buck, Brady, whomever decision maker to withstand the public heat a bit longer than they might have if he had put up another ridiculous looking 0 for after this "retooling"  and I think it will enable them to avoid a "retooling" him again this season no matter what happens.    I predict we don't see any more retooling this season.  And next season, well...a lot is going to change between now and then. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Yes, Chris Davis with that one homer essentially broke free of the leash for the rest of 2018. He will play now no matter if he goes hitless the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

7 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I agree that the homer was not definitive. But it might enable Buck, Brady, whomever decision maker to withstand the public heat a bit longer than they might have if he had put up another ridiculous looking 0 for after this "retooling"  and I think it will enable them to avoid a "retooling" him again this season no matter what happens. I predict we don't see any more retooling this season.  And next season, well...a lot is going to change between now and then. 

o

I don't believe that the home run will be any kind of enabler.

Over the next 20-25 games it will become clear whether or not Davis has improved a lot, improved modestly, or not improved at all ........ and at that point, the ball will once again be in the Orioles' management's court as to whether or not they want to bench him again if he has not shown any kind of improvement.

o

1 minute ago, Bonecrusher52 said:

22 consecutive games with strikeout is still intact so don't get too excited folks.

Just another day in paradise.  But, it's not really paradise. 

It's still 41.3 degrees in Bmore.

12 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The new "2131" countdown!

If my calculations are correct, and assuming Mr Kkkkk Davis ks 3 times a game, he should hit that mark in just over 4 years.  Just in time for contract renewal.

20 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. BRAVES, 6/22)

NUMBER 5

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Later in the same game, Davis hit a Sac-Fly in the top of the 9th inning to give the Orioles the lead.

The Orioles took the lead 2 times in this game, and Chris Davis had the go-ahead RBI both times.

o

o

In the very next game ........ the Orioles had the bases loaded with nobody out. Manny Machado lined out, and Mark Trumbo struck out. As the team's last chance to plate runs from such a huge opportunity, Davis hit a bases-clearing double on a 3-0 pitch.

o

Archived