Manny signs with Padres

weams

6 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Biggest organizational failure in the history of this franchise will be letting Machado walk out that door. Sit back and watch him give the Padres 60-70 wins over the next 10 years leading up to his HOF induction wearing a Padres hat. Orioles can't afford him. He doesn't want to play anywhere that isn't a big market. Wants to be on one of the premier franchises, a small market has no shot. We are rebuilding and it will take 10 years so what is the point of signing him? Excuse after excuse after excuse, what this city/fanbase is famous for. Remember all that? Boom goes the dynamite to blow it all to smithereens. Every bit of it. 

I get where you're coming from. But I think the chances of a guy sticking with 1 team any more are quite rare. Not really an Orioles thing. More just how things are these days with these mega contracts the stars can earn. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Biggest organizational failure in the history of this franchise will be letting Machado walk out that door. 

Because the Davis contract has something to do with it, too. I'd argue that the Davis contract is the biggest failure/disaster in the history of this franchise.  

10 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Biggest organizational failure in the history of this franchise will be letting Machado walk out that door.

Without the benefit of hindsight, this is still behind Mussina and Chris Davis.

and the Chris Davis thing directly impacts the Machado thing.

I’d take 30 to 40% less to play in Beautiful San Diego versus the wasteland that is Philadelphia sports. Smart move Manny. I’ll see you in July. Our hotel overlooks the stadium! Can’t wait!

Lessons learned: life is short, live & go where you want(preferably nice weather). The players aren’t victims, the Scott Boras’ of the world using Guerilla warfare negotiating tactics don’t help the game or player. Ask Alex Cobb about his short Spring Training last year.

Billionsires vs Millionaires, cry me a river. I am fine watching minor league baseball personally. I do think contracts should NOT be guaranteed (like football). How many steroid users just kept getting a paycheck? Jay Gibbons still laughing at the system. 

I’ll admit that I was right that Machado would get 300mill. But I was wrong because I thought he’d sign with the Yankees. Happy to see him a Padre instead . Will be purchasing my first Padre jersey soon and will be sporting at the Yard when they come to town in June.

17 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

He's like, 8, and he's got all the Yankees fan mannerisms down and everything.  It's uncanny.

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

Biggest organizational failure in the history of this franchise will be letting Machado walk out that door. Sit back and watch him give the Padres 60-70 wins over the next 10 years leading up to his HOF induction wearing a Padres hat. Orioles can't afford him. He doesn't want to play anywhere that isn't a big market. Wants to be on one of the premier franchises, a small market has no shot. We are rebuilding and it will take 10 years so what is the point of signing him? Excuse after excuse after excuse, what this city/fanbase is famous for. Remember all that? Boom goes the dynamite to blow it all to smithereens. Every bit of it. 

Oh, you mean you would have rather seen him give the Orioles 60-70 wins over the next 10 years?

(Like last year, having him for half of his best offensive season, got us how many wins?)

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

People on here crying because the Orioles didnt pay $300 million and I suggest signing someone for $5 million and they act like I am.crazy.

Really I am not sure the attachment to Machado.  No one seems to care about Adam coming back.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

People on here crying because the Orioles didnt pay $300 million and I suggest signing someone for $5 million and they act like I am.crazy.

Really I am not sure the attachment to Machado.  No one seems to care about Adam coming back.

Wait, what?

Who's crying that the Orioles didn't pay Manny 300 million?

The issue with you being crazy about spending 5 million is that you act like like 5 million is going to help this team out.  It's not.

And no one cares about Adam coming back because he's close to the end of his line as a player and doesn't fit with what this team is trying to do.  I'm not sure if you're aware of how he doesn't fit into this team but if the Orioles signed him it wouldn't make sense.

Archived