Manny signs with Padres

weams

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, atomic said:

Huff had some good years. No reason to discredit his career because he says stupid things all the time. 

I fail to see how I discredited his career.   He was a solid player, as the $58 mm he made attests.   

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

That’s what I’m asking. If what?

Whatever he wants, a couple years added on the contract, a cash payment, some sort of perk like a private hotel room on the road.

Not smart to use up your six slots on teams that won't be trading for you in the first place.

6 hours ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

I have a pointless question that I wish I could have answered. We all know Manny foamed at the mouth to go play with the Yankees. He met with them and whatever happened didn’t work for Manny. But then I heard Manny really wanted to stay on the easy coast. So my hypothetical question is..... 

If the Orioles stepped up and matched SD offer to Manny would he have chosen to come back to Baltimore or would he have still chose SD? I’ll never know the answer. But I do wonder. 

It would have been insane for the Orioles to match the SD offer.  And honestly, if Manny has any interest in winning anytime soon, he would have still taken the SD offer even if the Orioles had matched.  SD has the #1 farm system in the MLB.  The Orioles are in the bottom third even after trading Manny and all those other guys at last year's deadline.

6 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

How convenient.  Nice of him to be so "accommodating."  He's an awful shortstop at this point, and it would have been hilarious if he had decided to bully himself into staying at short.  Good for him and especially good for the Padres that he's going back to third, where everyone and their brother knows he's easily a much better defender.  

Archived