Manny signs with Padres

weams

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

San Diego hasn't had a winning season since 2007, 1 playoff win in the past 20+ years

Make the O's look like a successful organization.

I see them continuing their success after devoting 30 million/year to Charlie No-Hustle.

I missed the post with you saying you were wrong about Manny not getting 10/300.

Got a link?

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

How fast can Manny turn around a 66-96 team?

SD has the best farm system by most measures and should be good soon probably in 2020 but so what.  They can add 20 wins and would still need a major step back from LAD not to mention Colorado and AZ and SF are always a quick shake up away from being back in contention.  

Im going to be the one arguing against Manny going to SD as a great move for him.  Obviously he got paid but chances are hes a ghost on the national scene unless he struggles.  Hes well on his way to a Hall of Fame career, his best bet to stay on that path is to be traded away.  The SD rebuild going well still requires several other teams to fail.  

22 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Wow that huge RSN the Padres own must be really paying of for them, owning most of the TV Dodgers revenue was a boon for ownership. How in the WORLD can they afford a 300m player? Manny definitely wouldn't have played on Baltimore or anywhere else that offered the best deal, nope. They are finished, just such a dumb move how n the world will they compete??? - All lies the OH told me over the past 3 years. 

What? Please explain for me. 

13 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

SD has the best farm system by most measures and should be good soon probably in 2020 but so what.  They can add 20 wins and would still need a major step back from LAD not to mention Colorado and AZ and SF are always a quick shake up away from being back in contention.  

Im going to be the one arguing against Manny going to SD as a great move for him.  Obviously he got paid but chances are hes a ghost on the national scene unless he struggles.  Hes well on his way to a Hall of Fame career, his best bet to stay on that path is to be traded away.  The SD rebuild going well still requires several other teams to fail.  

Who cares? He's making millions. I didn't see the contract he signed. I don't know what he is making or the years.

40 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

MacPhail and Klentak must have been really bummed by Bohm's lukewarm debut to get to that evaluation.  To me they seem like a team with an infield-strong, outfield-weak basket of players.

If you think you have a window, I think you sign the best player available and let the chips fall where they may. It's not like you couldn't move Bohm for another piece if he's beating down the door. 

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Who cares? He's making millions. I didn't see the contract he signed. I don't know what he is making or the years.

I mean I care, thats literally why I posted about it, and have always posted about Manny.  Hes a fantastic player ive been watching for a very long time and I would be happier if he was with a contending team for sure.  You can say "so what who cares" to any post on a message board. Of course hes making millions, doesn't mean I cant be bummed about it.  

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not a rare event in baseball.  Harper does have the higher ceiling as well.

It definitely happens; won't argue with you there. But I think that whatever slim margin Harper's ceiling is offensively over Manny is washed out by their defense. 

Archived