Yusniel Diaz is very impressive

wildcard

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone needs Toe-Tap as their username.

Here's hoping Diaz is legit.

He singled again today but was thrown out trying to advance to third before Villar crossed the plate for the third out of the inning.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bobmc said:

He singled again today but was thrown out trying to advance to third before Villar crossed the plate for the third out of the inning.

Hyde said he wanted the players to be aggressive on the bases this spring, even if they made some mistakes.  So, case in point.  

On 2/26/2019 at 2:01 PM, jrobb21613 said:

If Villar was busting his butt around bases shouldn’t he of crossed plate from second before Diaz gets to third from first especially with Villar speed? Was Villar showing maximum effort?

Does he need to be? It’s the first week of spring training..,

36 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Does he need to be? It’s the first week of spring training..,

Not saying that he’s not but I’d like to see him and everybody else giving it 150 percent all day everyday from the first day of camp til the last day of the season and if he’s not I’d like to give his roster spot to the guy who is. I want guys on this team who are always giving max effort no matter what and I hope Hyde and Elias do to. Because without star power we’re only going to win if we out hustle other teams and do the little things right. 

2 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Not saying that he’s not but I’d like to see him and everybody else giving it 150 percent all day everyday from the first day of camp til the last day of the season and if he’s not I’d like to give his roster spot to the guy who is. I want guys on this team who are always giving max effort no matter what and I hope Hyde and Elias do to. Because without star power weren’t only going to win if we out hustle other teams and do the little things right. 

That's a good way to pull an oblique!

I'd be happy if they gave it 92% 98% of the time.  The other 2% I'd like to see them give 100%.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd be happy if they gave it 92% 98% of the time.  The other 2% I'd like to see them give 100%.

That’s a good point but shouldn’t they be staying in shape and working out enough during the offseason so that doesn’t happen?

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Austin Hays sure as heck doesn’t look like he’s concerned about pulling his oblique.

20 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Not saying that he’s not but I’d like to see him and everybody else giving it 150 percent all day everyday from the first day of camp til the last day of the season and if he’s not I’d like to give his roster spot to the guy who is. I want guys on this team who are always giving max effort no matter what and I hope Hyde and Elias do to. Because without star power we’re only going to win if we out hustle other teams and do the little things right. 

You every play sports on a team? If you give 150 percent every day your body would fall apart before the season is over. Unless you do PEDs.

13 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Austin Hays sure as heck doesn’t look like he’s concerned about pulling his oblique.

He’s in a much different position than Villar.    

Anyway, I didn’t see the play in question, but it’s pretty normal not to run full speed to home if you can see that they’re not going to be able to throw you out.   And Villar might not have anticipated that Diaz would try for 3B, which is an ill-advised thing to do with two outs unless you’re sure you can make it.    

1 minute ago, theocean said:

You every play sports on a team? If you give 150 percent every day your body would fall apart before the season is over. Unless you do PEDs.

It always annoys me when I hear about someone giving 150%, which is impossible.    The scale only goes to 100.   And nobody really does even that all the time.

Archived