Adam Hall at 2nd, Cadyn Greiner at Short for Opening Night

Legend_Of_Joey

My guess is the better defensive alignment is the one they used tonight, i.e., Grenier at SS and Hall at 2B.    I think we’ll see that for the first half of the season, and then Grenier will move up and Hall slid over to SS.    I don’t think they’ll alternate.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

My guess is the better defensive alignment is the one they used tonight, i.e., Grenier at SS and Hall at 2B.    I think we’ll see that for the first half of the season, and then Grenier will move up and Hall slid over to SS.    I don’t think they’ll alternate.

I was surprised and kinda disappointed when Grenier started the season at Delmarva. He's already 22 years old and reports were his defense was already among the best in the system coming out of Oregon State. We don't have a reference point for how Elias & Co. will handle minor league promotions, but if Grenier hits, I hope to see him moved quickly. A high pick at 22 years old repeating low-A should dominate. I've held out hope he wasn't a total bust of a pick. If he can't hack it at the plate this first month, we'll be able to make that determination pretty quickly. 

5 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I was surprised and kinda disappointed when Grenier started the season at Delmarva. He's already 22 years old and reports were his defense was already among the best in the system coming out of Oregon State. We don't have a reference point for how Elias & Co. will handle minor league promotions, but if Grenier hits, I hope to see him moved quickly. A high pick at 22 years old repeating low-A should dominate. I've held out hope he wasn't a total bust of a pick. If he can't hack it at the plate this first month, we'll be able to make that determination pretty quickly. 

2 hits last night, but he also struck out twice.  

If he continues to strike out >30 percent of the time in the low minors as he did in Delmarva last season, he's got almost no shot of being a viable major league player.  

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Well, there goes my theory out the window - maybe.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, there goes my theory out the window - maybe.   

I would not be surprised if Grenier gets more of the playing time at SS while he's in Delmarva. I also would not be surprised of he's promoted as soon as he shows he's hitting well there since Frederick has an org guy (McCoy) starting at SS and would probably like to see both Grenier and Hall both playing everyday at SS.

• Upvote 2

On 4/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, Tony-OH said:

I would not be surprised if Grenier gets more of the playing time at SS while he's in Delmarva. I also would not be surprised of he's promoted as soon as he shows he's hitting well there since Frederick has an org guy (McCoy) starting at SS and would probably like to see both Grenier and Hall both playing everyday at SS.

Have you given up on McCoy as a prospect too soon?