wildcard

On 8/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, Tony-OH said:

Fastball-
Velocity - 70
Movement - 40
Spin rate- Guessing it's higher than average due to swings and misses up
Command - 4
Control - 5
Comments: Harvey's fastball sits 96-98 though he has touched 99 and 100 occasionally. Its pretty true but occasionally gets a little late life. He struggles to command the pitch and frequently can miss across the plate from the target and when he misses in the middle he gets squared up due to lack of movement. The fastball is effective up in the zone and garners swings and misses up there.
Overall: There is potential still but it's time to start realizing he's never going to be that top 100 type of prospect any longer. The fastball is a little too true for my liking but I like the fact he can get swings and misses up in the zone with it and he can change the eye level with that hard curveball. He's better than most of the arms the Orioles are using in the pen now, but may struggle with the longball if he doesn't keep that fastball out of the middle of the plate. He throws strikes, but not always quality strikes. 

Any thoughts on how "coachable" movement is? If he's regularly upper 90's, is that with a 2 seam or a 4 seam? Seems like he might be able to drop a tick or two to get some movement, but that's easier said than done.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Any thoughts on how "coachable" movement is? If he's regularly upper 90's, is that with a 2 seam or a 4 seam? Seems like he might be able to drop a tick or two to get some movement, but that's easier said than done.

Typically it can be affected by grip, so there's always a chance he can add some movement. I don't know the spin rate but if he has high spin rate working that fastball up in the zone could negate the lack of movement.

The fastball plays better than Tanner Scott's, but I've seen him get barreled when he gets it in the middle of the zone.

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Typically it can be affected by grip, so there's always a chance he can add some movement. I don't know the spin rate but if he has high spin rate working that fastball up in the zone could negate the lack of movement.

The fastball plays better than Tanner Scott's, but I've seen him get barreled when he gets it in the middle of the zone.

I saw the same thing the one time I saw him. Radar gun was popping, but the ball was turned around as often as it made it to the catcher. I imagine the EVs were high that game given how hard he was throwing.