Ryan Mountcastle 2019

RVAOsFan

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

At this point I'd have to see him maintain a real hot streak through April or May of next year, and at Bowie, before I consider his profile changed.

What do you consider a “real hot streak?”    He’s had an OPS over .800 every month this season and was just named our MiL player of the month for July after OPSing .895.

I also don’t understand how a “hot streak” is going to change his profile.   

Or are you in the wrong thread, talking about Reyes?   

4 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I wasn't clear. I was talking about Reyes, not Mountcastle. I've been on Mountcastle's side in this discussion!

I think you meant to post in the player of the month thread, where there was a discussion of Reyes’ performance in July even though Mountcastle won the award.    This is the Mountcastle thread, which explains why folks were confused by your post.  

I’m still not dying for him to get a promotion.     We’ve already got a huge crowd at 1B/LF/DH, and he’s still working on his defense.   No real upside in starting his service clock.    I do believe his bat is about as ready as it’s going to be.   

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m still not dying for him to get a promotion.     We’ve already got a huge crowd at 1B/LF/DH, and he’s still working on his defense.   No real upside in starting his service clock.    I do believe his bat is about as ready as it’s going to be.   

Except he has DHed or played first each of his last 4 games. Prior to that he had played 6 of 7 in left, but before that he had played 17 in a row at 1B.

He has only played 12 games in LF this season. I don't understand it.

Archived