Mariners Set All-Time Major League Home Run Record (2019 Seattle Mariners)

OFFNY

o

While the Orioles' pitching staff has been serving up home runs at a record pace in this still very-young season, the Mariners set an all-time Major League record (1876 - Present) by becoming the first team ever to hit at least one home run in each of the first 15 games that they played to start the season.

Mariners Set All-Time Record with Home Run in 15 Straight Games to Start 2019 Season

(By Jesse Yomtov)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/04/11/seattle-mariners-home-run-record/3438167002/

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 6:11 PM, OFFNY said:

o

While the Orioles' pitching staff has been serving up home runs at a record pace in this still very-young season, the Mariners set an all-time Major League record (1876 - Present) by becoming the first team ever to hit at least one home run in each of the first 15 games that they played to start the season.

Mariners Set All-Time Record with Home Run in 15 Straight Games to Start 2019 Season

(By Jesse Yomtov)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/04/11/seattle-mariners-home-run-record/3438167002/

o

o

(13 DAYS LATER)

After starting the season at a scorching pace in the W-L department (13-2), the Mariners have lost 9 out of their last 12 games, to fall to 16-11 overall.

o

On 4/11/2019 at 6:11 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(By Jesse Yomtov)

o

On 4/24/2019 at 10:31 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(13 DAYS LATER)

After starting the season at a scorching pace in the W-L department (13-2), the Mariners have lost 9 out of their last 12 games, to fall to 16-11 overall.

o

o

(21 DAYS LATER)

The losing continues for the Mariners ........ they have now lost 13 out of their lasr 18 games, going from 13-2 to 18-15 in a mere 3 weeks.

That said ........

Win or Lose, the Rebuilding Mariners are -- Gasp! -- Fun to Watch

(By Tim Keown)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26647097/win-lose-rebuilding-seattle-mariners-gasp-fun-watch

o

• 2 weeks later...

On April 11, the Mariners were 13-2 and were the toast of baseball. Not only did they have a gaudy record, they were leading the league in many statistical categories.

On May 11, the Mariners are below .500. Crazy game.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:31 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(13 DAYS LATER)

o

On 5/2/2019 at 10:18 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(21 DAYS LATER)

The losing continues for the Mariners ........ they have now lost 13 out of their lasr 18 games, going from 13-2 to 18-15 in a mere 3 weeks.

That said ........

Win or Lose, the Rebuilding Mariners are -- Gasp! -- Fun to Watch

(By Tim Keown)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26647097/win-lose-rebuilding-seattle-mariners-gasp-fun-watch

o

o

(30 DAYS LATER)

The Mariners have now gone 7-19 since their blistering 13-2 sart to the season, and have dipped below the .500 mark at 20-21 overall.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/2019-schedule-scores.shtml

o

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Back to the thread title, despite falling below .500, the Mariners have hit 75 homers in 41 games, a 296-homer pace.   

It's very telling that there are still five teams (aside from the Mariners: the Astros, Twins, Dodgers, Brewers) that, at their current pace, could break the record of 267 set last year by the Ys.

There are only six teams that have hit fewer home runs than the number of games they've played (Jays, Giants, Indians, Pirates, Tigers, Marlins).

7 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(May 12th)

One Day After Getting Rocked by the Red Sox, King Felix Goes on the IL

(ESPN News Service)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26730787/day-rocking-red-sox-king-felix-il

7 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Unfortunately I think Felix might be at the end of his line which is too bad because he was such a great pitcher in his prime. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, LA2 said:

It's very telling that there are still five teams (aside from the Mariners: the Astros, Twins, Dodgers, Brewers) that, at their current pace, could break the record of 267 set last year by the Ys.

There are only six teams that have hit fewer home runs than the number of games they've played (Jays, Giants, Indians, Pirates, Tigers, Marlins).

I think when they cleaned up (in a relative way) the Delaware River they screwed up the mud. Pitchers can’t get a grip. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:55 AM, Palmoripken said:

Unfortunately I think Felix might be at the end of his line which is too bad because he was such a great pitcher in his prime. 

I was thinking similarly, and that it's sad that he never got the spotlight performing in the post-season would have afforded him. I wonder if he idly wishes sometimes that the M's had traded him to a winner.