Keegan Akin 2019

ChuckS

10 hours ago, orioles22 said:

If he closes strong, I'd like to see him get a few starts and set the stage for being our No. 5 guy next season. I think we could have an improved rotation next year with Bundy, Means, Wojo, Cobb (is he still under contract?) and Akin.

Not that we currently have anyone to replace them but I think Bundy and Wojo should head to the bullpen next year, if Wojo is even on the team. He's the one waiver wire pickup that has shown anything out of Brooks, Eshelman, Scott, Shepherd (all of whom will most defintely be DFA'd)

2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I'm not sure I buy that.  He was dealing for four innings against the Yankees before going off the rails.  It doesn't seem like teams have simply figured him out or anything of that nature.

Not to mention he never should have gave up any runs (earned) in the first place. Wilkerson let a pop up drop that would have been caught by any natural center fielder. Miscommunications don’t count as errors though. 

He also doesn’t seem to be dealing with the healthiest of arms either - 2 separate trips to IL? 

11 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

Not that we currently have anyone to replace them but I think Bundy and Wojo should head to the bullpen next year, if Wojo is even on the team. He's the one waiver wire pickup that has shown anything out of Brooks, Eshelman, Scott, Shepherd (all of whom will most defintely be DFA'd)

I'd like to see Armstrong close with Givens and Frey next, then Harvey and Bleir, then Tate and Scott as the long guys. I think Bundy has to stay in the rotation until help arrives from the Bowie guys in 2021.

42 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Maybe he should have started yesterday.

Pulled after 3.2 innings and allowing 8 runs, including a grand slam and solo home run back to back to close the book on him today.

To say Akin hasn't produced very well in Norfolk is an understatement.

He's an All-Star in my book though!  ?

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wouldn’t call him up.    He hasn’t earned it.   

If a pitcher is on the 40 and has innings left to throw I'd bring him up and give him a taste if he earned it or not.

Won't do him any harm, and maybe a taste will help motivate him during the offseason.