Cabrera ejected...

The Wedge

Yeah, they said that the umpires get a week's vacation during the season.

I never knew that. Why? They have the All-Star break and all winter off.

The problem is not that umps get time off. Nothing wrong with that.

I want alert rested umps, not tired dazed umps.

The problem is that they keep the bare-bones MIN ump-roster instead of having enough guys to handle it.

So they bring in subs. There should be no subs used, they should have enough guys to have a rotation where umps get time off.

MLB is a multi-billion dollar industry, and they can't afford an extra crew of umps?

That tells you how much they care about good umpiring: not much.

Which also shows up in all the ways it's apparent that they don't get adequate supervision either.

IMO, it's a damn crime...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of liked what the Yankee announcers said after the ejection. Something to the effect of, "that's just a guy who basically doesn't understand baseball making a bad decision right there".

But now I feel kind of bad for him also if he is just a fill in from the minors. He was probably was a little nervous on a big stage like that and just reacted before thinking.

I have, my friend. Thirteen to be exact.

Should the players get a week off during the season also? The manager?

Well the players do get days off. And while I don't know how the umpire situations works, I doubt there are much more than 4 for every team in the league.

I have, my friend. Thirteen to be exact.

Should the players get a week off during the season also? The manager?

Last time I checked the players have homestands. The umpires are always on the road, unless they just happen to live in one of the 25 (Combining close cities like San Francisco-Oakland and Baltimore-Washington) MLB cities/regions.

No kidding. Good to see Trembley argue, but he really should have given it to the home plate ump, who clearly misread the situation

Why would Daniel hit ARod on purpose in a 6-1 game where he just gave up a leadoff double? Why eject him without a warning? Even Michael Kay was dumbfounded.

Isn't that his normal state?

Apparently the ump wasn't the only who thought Cabrera through at him. Here's what Giardi had to say...

"I don't know. You never know," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Daniel Cabrera is wild, but I don't like it. He was down in the zone all night tonight and you just don't like it. It's happened a few times with this guy, Daniel Cabrera. We know at times he has some control issues but it's just awful dangerous when you're up there."

Apparently the ump wasn't the only who thought Cabrera through at him. Here's what Girardi had to say...

"I don't know. You never know," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Daniel Cabrera is wild, but I don't like it. He was down in the zone all night tonight and you just don't like it. It's happened a few times with this guy, Daniel Cabrera. We know at times he has some control issues but it's just awful dangerous when you're up there."

"WAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Their pitcher throws really hard and inside. That shouldn't be allowed against my beloved Yankees!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Yeah really Girardi is just crying wolf. I seriously dislike this guy. I loved Torre. He stood for doing things the right way. He would never had a quote like this.

Girardi should know better, as he played the game, and was a catcher at that.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seemed painfully obvious to me that the pitch just got away.

Man I hate everything Yankees............:angryfire:

What are the odds that Girardi has Joba drill Jones, Markakis or Huff early? That way both benches get warned and Sarfate (who is already wild) gets even more pressure put on him.

Then have Wegner toss Jaba without a warning. I'd love it!

Archived