Keon Broxton acquired and more (DFA Broxton- Claimed by Mariners))

Legend_Of_Joey

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Never trust any starting pitcher who is willing to take the Orioles' money.

I’ve gotta say, it’s amazing how many of the Orioles’ higher priced moves have failed over the years.   I’ve always like Cobb, and approved of that signing, but we are getting just about the worst case scenario so far.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I’ve gotta say, it’s amazing how many of the Orioles’ higher priced moves have failed over the years.   I’ve always like Cobb, and approved of that signing, but we are getting just about the worst case scenario so far.

Who's the last free agent pitcher of any kind that was successful for the majority of the contract length? Chen I guess? 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I've said it before, if I'm a starting pitcher the O's are pretty much at the bottom of the list of teams I want to play for.

I figure if a starter signs with the O's it means at least 25 teams said no. 

If you use that as a guideline it isn't surprising that they don't do well. 

I'm almost ready to declare the Cashner signing a success.

30 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Thoughts on Brockton?

It's the town in Massachusetts where my mother was born.   Also, the great Rocky Marciano, former Yankee slugger Steve Balboni, and another all time great fighter, Marvin Hagler.

But I don't know what it has to do with the Orioles.

?

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

Why Broxton ? He cant hit.

You're right.   We should have picked up an all star for nothing to shore up our struggling team.

I like that they are trying different things and at least attempting to get rid of non-performers.   You have to assume that they are seeing enough in guys like Wright, Ramirez, etc to determine that they aren't ever going to be useful and jettisoning them when they can find a body to replace them.

• Upvote 2