Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he's going to be a bit below average on offense and defense at first and will rest in that zone between replacement level and league average.

I think that’s probably right.   “Second division regular,” both in scout-speak and reality.   

o

Last 21 Games )))))))) (AUGUST 11th))

88 lllllllllllllllllllllllllPlate Appearances

5 lllllllllllllllllllllllllHR

12 lllllllllllllllllllllllRBI

.302 lllllllllllllllllllllllllBatting Average

.352 lllllllllllllllllllllllllOBP

.542 lllllllllllllllllllllllllSLG

.894 lllllllllllllllllllllllllOPS

o

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since Mancini's first game on September 20, 2016:
HR leaders
Machado 58, 264 G
Schoop 50, 257 G
Mancini 44, 277 G
Trumbo 44, 248 G
Davis 42, 250 G
Jones 40, 279 G

After that, the list drops off significantly with the next player being "Beef" Wellington Castillo, who only played for the Orioles in 2017, hitting 20 HRs.

RBI leaders
Machado 163
Schoop 150
Mancini 124
Jones 124
Trumbo 115
Davis 107

OPS leaders (min 150 G)
Machado .833
Schoop .791
Mancini .775
Jones .748
Trumbo .730
Rickard .653*
Davis .646
Joseph .639

BA leaders (min 150 G)
Jones .275
Machado .275
Schoop .273
Mancini .268
Trumbo .249
Rickard .236*
Joseph .232
Davis .194**

The bottom line is Mancini leads everyone left on the club in 3 major categories and is second to Jones in BA.  Obviously, the two best performers for the O's were Machado and Schoop.

Notes
*Yeah, even Rickard leads Davis in OPS and BA, albeit his sample size is in less than 1/2 of Davis' ABs.
** Including tonight's game, Davis is hitting .196 with 52 HRs in his last 1,000 ABs dating back to 8/20/16.   In 2013, he hit 53 HRs in 584 ABs.  He's no longer "the Crusher," no matter how many times Bordick still uses that name for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Mancini is by the far the least of this team's problems.  The main thing, is that he needs to be the 1B or DH.  But other than than, leave him alone.  He'll hit dingers, he'll get on base at a decent clip, and he'll hit for a decent average.  I think this year he's dealt with some nagging issues from busting up his knee in the 1st half.

On Thursday, August 09, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I think he's going to be a bit below average on offense and defense at first and will rest in that zone between replacement level and league average.

What is the average for a 1st  baseman with power in the American league anymore.  Only 2 guys in the American League that have qualified as a 1st baseman have OPS over .800 Abreu at .821 and Smoak at at .813.   .

On 8/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I said before a two year younger version of CJ Cron.We shall see if he has a better year next year but trending that way.Teams are busting him in so he cant extend his arms.Yesterday,came up twice with man on third and less then two outs and did not get the runner in.Then hits a solo homer. His average with runners in scoring position is terrible. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

5 Ribbies for Mancini in a 7-0 Orioles victory.

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/27)

NUMBER 19

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

o

Every time i write he is an average ballplayer,he has a great game. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Mancini is a good player.  He's had somewhat of a sophomore slump, but he's also played through a knee injury which I'm sure didn't help things.  He's a guy that can contribute to a winning team, hopefully here in 2-3 years.  They just need to settle him at either 1B or DH and let him do his thing.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Having a great game is nice, but he’s been way below average this year.   Hope he finishes strong and bounces back next year.   

No doubt that he hasn’t done what I thought he would when I started this thread.

That said, I’ll double down on my prediction if he is given an opportunity at regular AB’s next year.