Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

A 1B or DH with a sub .700 OPS isnt really what you want out of that position. I understand he's not really a LF either, but thats another argument. 

Right. I know.

I think he's a better hitter than that. I think he's an .800 OPS guy, but we'll see. He was .826 OPS last year. 

16 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Right. I know.

I think he's a better hitter than that. I think he's an .800 OPS guy, but we'll see. He was .826 OPS last year. 

I think he’s a better hitter than that, too.    But my own guess is .775ish.

Mancini started to heat up right around his bobblehead night, which was coincidentally around the same time that I started to think he needed to get sent to Norfolk or Bowie to straighten himself out at the plate. Hopefully he keeps this up.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Mancini will be a solid player for us, and a Baltimore type fan favorite. He works hard and is an intense competitor.Id like to see him supplant Davis at 1b,and I believe he will end up with reasonably respectable power numbers. He got into slump this year and couldn't find his way out. The knee injury didn't help either. I think he'll be fine.

I agree Roy. I see a young player having the typical "sophomore slump". He is a hitter in my opinion. I don't care if he is not a prototypical power hitting first baseman. I think he will provide adequate power for a first baseman, and imo he is a very solid contributor long term.

Just now, theobird said:

I agree Roy. I see a young player having the typical "sophomore slump". He is a hitter in my opinion. I don't care if he is not a prototypical power hitting first baseman. I think he will provide adequate power for a first baseman, and imo he is a very solid contributor long term.

I think he's going to be a bit below average on offense and defense at first and will rest in that zone between replacement level and league average.