Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

Frobby

Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/19 at 22:55

12 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

I'm hoping for Witt...take the slightly younger guy as we have several years before contending. Of course, he could always be harder to sign than Rutschman because he could go to college. 

I think if Witt were considering college we would have heard about it by now. 

2 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

I feel like you cant go wrong with the top 3: Rutschman, Witt and Vaughan, outside of Witt going to college instead.  If you have an idea Witt won't go play for Oklahoma, definitely a case to be made for him considering age.  We are in a great position here to not mess this up!!

This is supposed to be Elias's strong suit, draft selection.

Not a big fan of catcher at 1-1. Sign me up for the SS/CF, Abrams

Am I the only one concerned that Rutschman has long stride from a pretty severe crouch with a good bit of hand movement. And to me his swing looks a little long and with a bit of an upper cut.

Everyone seemed to love Wieters accept for a few isolated scouts that drilled down to him having a long slow swing which ended up his downfall.

From the Rutschman videp I really do like the way he was receiving the low stikes.

Hopefully whomever they draft will have a big positive impact.

15 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Of course the Orioles finally have a #1 pick, and the top overall player is a Catcher..... ugh.

If Rutschman is the real deal, he will only be in the minors for what 1.5 years?

It probably depends more on the team's willingness/need to start his clock than his performance.

16 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Of course the Orioles finally have a #1 pick, and the top overall player is a Catcher..... ugh.

If Rutschman is the real deal, he will only be in the minors for what 1.5 years?

"Adley Rutschman Is The Best MLB Draft Prospect Since Bryce Harper"
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/adley-rutschman-is-the-best-mlb-draft-prospect-since-bryce-harper/

If Witt is selected, he will be hounded from draft day with questions about how he compares with Cal.

I'd go with Rutschman.

Of course, if CJ Abrams and JJ Bleday could magically be morphed into a baseball-playing JJ Abrams, that would be a cool get.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

This is supposed to be Elias's strong suit, draft selection.

So far the 2013 and 2014 Astros drafts were pretty bare and they had the number 1 overall pick both years.  The Orioles 2013 draft looks much better. 

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

If Witt is selected, he will be hounded from draft day with questions about how he compares with Cal.

I'd go with Rutschman.

Of course, if CJ Abrams and JJ Bleday could magically be morphed into a baseball-playing JJ Abrams, that would be a cool get.

And Rutschman wont get compared or ask about Wieters?

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

What's wrong with a catcher?  Johnny Bench played games at First Base, Third Base and outfield so he could play more games in a season.  Joe Mauer was DH for a significant amount of games. 

Kinda answered your question

Playing DH significantly reduces a players value, something a stud SS/CF will never have to do

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'd go with Rutschman.

I wish we could trade down to three and four for one. 

11 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Not a big fan of catcher at 1-1. Sign me up for the SS/CF, Abrams

Am I the only one concerned that Rutschman has long stride from a pretty severe crouch with a good bit of hand movement. And to me his swing looks a little long and with a bit of an upper cut.

Everyone seemed to love Wieters accept for a few isolated scouts that drilled down to him having a long slow swing which ended up his downfall.

From the Rutschman videp I really do like the way he was receiving the low stikes.

Hopefully whomever they draft will have a big positive impact.

Wieters was picked 5th overall. If he were a first overall pick he would end up pretty much in the middle of the picks in regards to performance.  

4 minutes ago, weams said:

I went Witt but Rutschman certainly works here. 

I'll be disappointed if they go with Witt over Rutschman. In the end, we won't know for a few years which choice was the better one.  Draft day, I'll be sitting back with the popcorn watching others overreact. ?

• Upvote 2