Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

interloper

Sounds ominous to me, but perhaps not. 

I think it's probably only a matter of time before he hits the IL again. Maybe they've got him on a "play a few games, sit a few games" thing and maybe that happens in the big leagues as well. Or maybe he's toast. We'll find out on Sunday. 

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think it's probably only a matter of time before he hits the IL again. Maybe they've got him on a "play a few games, sit a few games" thing and maybe that happens in the big leagues as well. Or maybe he's toast. We'll find out on Sunday. 

He is resting up for the Orioles second half playoff push.?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

Trumbo is never going to play in another MLB game again. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I doubt he comes back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I doubt they have insurance for the amount of money involved here.

Too many large claims have driven up the cost, so the teams only use it for the really high salaries

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I'm sure they have some insurance. It will save a few million to spend post 7/2

27 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I doubt they have insurance for the amount of money involved here.

Too many large claims have driven up the cost, so the teams only use it for the really high salaries

Those policies don't offset the full amount, but they do help. He's making $11 million this year. If the policy offsets 20-30% of that amount, I'm sure ownership will be happy about that.

17 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Those policies don't offset the full amount, but they do help. He's making $11 million this year. If the policy offsets 20-30% of that amount, I'm sure ownership will be happy about that.

Just going by what has been discussed in OH a couple of times over the years.

I did find this out on the net, back from 2016, but informational: https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-MLB-teams-pay-to-insure-their-players

I didnt know Webb was turndown for insurance and the Diamondbacks broke off talks, and he signed elsewhere and then couldnt pitch.

• Upvote 1