Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

interloper

Trumbo homered tonight, and played RF.    Skimming the play by play, he had to field several hits to RF.    I wonder how he looked — just usual Trumbo bad, or worse?   In any event, he’s healthy enough to at least try him in the OF.

I wouldn’t be mad if Trumbo came back up for a bit. Mancini always says how Trumbo mentored him. The guy knows hitting. It’s a good story.  

It might be in the works with Nunez playing 3rd. Or it might be good timing with Ruiz having a kid and getting optioned. Trumbo hit a dinger in AAA as well yesterday. 

Wish the August trade deadline was around. 

Best case scenario is, he comes up, plays in a couple of games, then we pay his salary and trade him for whatever. 

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wouldn’t be mad if Trumbo came back up for a bit. Mancini always says how Trumbo mentored him. The guy knows hitting. It’s a good story.  

It might be in the works with Nunez playing 3rd. Or it might be good timing with Ruiz having a kid and getting optioned. Trumbo hit a dinger in AAA as well yesterday. 

Wish the August trade deadline was around. 

Best case scenario is, he comes up, plays in a couple of games, then we pay his salary and trade him with Givens and Mancini for whatever. 

Already spent Gausman this way. 

• Upvote 1

If Nunez is playing 3B, I have no problem with Trumbo at DH. We have room for him on the 40-man and the active roster.

And if Trumbo is the DH, I'd like to see Mancini at 1B and an outfield of Hays, Santander and Stewart. Actually, I'd like to see that anyway.

What does bringing him up do for the long term health of the team? NOTHING! That has to be paramount in everyone's mind. Two-three years down the road is what you are aiming for. Everything has to be geared to that goal. In fact playing him might hurt our chances for the #1 spot. He could start hitting.

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What does bringing him up do for the long term health of the team? NOTHING! That has to be paramount in everyone's mind. Two-three years down the road is what you are aiming for. Everything has to be geared to that goal. In fact playing him might hurt our chances for the #1 spot. He could start hitting.

If you are worried about the top pick just put him in the outfield.