Angels release Cody Allen

BohKnowsBmore

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I could see it if the Orioles were running out of arms, but that hasn't happened. Also once Allen clears waivers a team with playoff aspirations will likely come calling. 

I've heard he has had a significant drop in velocity.  He's probably toast.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Because a player like Cody Allen is not going to be part of the core in 2022-25.

Doesn’t matter they need guys to effectively cover innings. There is no sense bringing up guys who are not ready and allow them to continue to get beat up. If you need a spot claim this guy and dump Straily. He can’t possibly be worse.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Doesn’t matter they need guys to effectively cover innings. There is no sense bringing up guys who are not ready and allow them to continue to get beat up. If you need a spot claim this guy and dump Straily. He can’t possibly be worse.

I agree with dumping Straily for sure!

6 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Cody Allen is washed. Hard pass. 

So we should jettison Straily and all of our other players that are stinking up the joint, but should only bring someone else in if they're currently a good player (as there are so many of those available to be signed)?