Angels release Cody Allen

BohKnowsBmore

1 minute ago, bobmc said:

Alex Wells - statistically one of Bowie's best.

He is doing well (pun unintended), I remember the guy signing but I haven't followed his minor league career. Strikeout rate is a little low for my liking, but I think he will be in the running to get a September call up.

Wells isn't on the 40 man roster, but there is plenty of dead weight on this roster if the Orioles think he is ready.  

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I remember the O's having an Aussie pitcher, but I cannot remember this guy's name. 

Also, can't forget the immortal John Stephens, who pitched for the Orioles in 2002.  Wonder if he is still available?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

So we should jettison Straily and all of our other players that are stinking up the joint, but should only bring someone else in if they're currently a good player (as there are so many of those available to be signed)?

You know we have a minor league system right? Not once in the other thread did I advocate signing someone like Allen. It would be a waste of money.