Is This the Bottom?

Aristotelian

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, Aristotelian said:

.276 was not the bottom. While I correctly called the win in the Seattle series, the O's have lost 3 straight, dropping to .275. Is this the bottom? How low can it go?

Since hitting .275 on June 26, the O's won 2 of 3 vs CLE (including 2 by 13-0), 1 of 3 vs TB, and 2 of 2 vs TOR. The O's winning pct now stands at .307, putting them on pace to finish ahead of the 2018 and off the list of top 20 worst teams.

11 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Since hitting .275 on June 26, the O's won 2 of 3 vs CLE (including 2 by 13-0), 1 of 3 vs TB, and 2 of 2 vs TOR. The O's winning pct now stands at .307, putting them on pace to finish ahead of the 2018 and off the list of top 20 worst teams.

BS-WB-OPENING-DAY-C.jpg

• 1 month later...

We have now lost 8 in a row, including back to back sweeps by the Yankees and Red Sox, plus a close loss to the Royals. With Cashner gone and Means reverting, the rotation is a mess. This is starting to feel like a new bottom.

Still, we are two games ahead of (behind?) the Tigers for last place overall, and five games ahead of the .275 W/L established in June. We're not there yet, but we could very soon get back into the "worst teams of all time" conversations.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Still, we are two games ahead of (behind?) the Tigers for last place overall, and five games ahead of the .275 W/L established in June. We're not there yet, but we could very soon get back into the "worst teams of all time" conversations.

0.5 GB Detroit for 1-1.   12-12 July is the outlier of the season to date.   2019 is two games ahead of 2018.   However, it would take a 1-9 finish this month to tie the 2018 team through the end of August.   September has a 13 game stretch vs DET, TOR, and SEA vs the NYY-BOS-HOU smackdown that ended last season.  Despite how this month has gone, chances are good that the final 2019 record will be improved.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I don't think Chris Davis being gone will change anything.  He isn't pitching or playing out of position. 

I said "feels", purely my emotional response. I don't think I will have even a glimmer of hope until he is gone and I don't have to be reminded every day that the team is sinking 23 million a year into statistically the worst player in baseball history (Yep that's you Chris).

19 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Just an FYI... Rutschman was promoted to Delmarva... as many expected. Whether we're at the bottom or not, following him feels good. 

Thought he would be promoted after the 5 for 5 night.  Really had no more reason to be at Aberdeen.  Delmarva looks like it will be in good shape for the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Thought he would be promoted after the 5 for 5 night.  Really had no more reason to be at Aberdeen.  Delmarva looks like it will be in good shape for the playoffs. 

Yeah... I get that we're a very bad team and may be bottom dwellers for a while to come, but I do enjoy seeing what may be.  There IS hope, and Rutschman is a big part of it.