CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS CHRISTOPHER LYDAVIS

o

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I will ask you the same thing that I asked him (and he did not answer) - What team could/would give them a package (that he suggests) that gives the Tigers a prospect comparable to Mayo plus Kjerstad plus more prospects? Dylan Cease was moved for nowhere near that. I agree that it might require a Mayo/Basallo level prospect as in one. But I don’t see starting pitchers in 2024 commanding that kind of trade value (that was suggested) given the injury risks/probabilities.
    • Fedde versus Suarez Fedde versus Kremer? Who would you pick for the #3 starter?   What is a 1/2 of season of success really worth?    
    • Ultimately it does make sense since he threw 43 pitches to throw him Thursday vs Cubs and then send him down.    It would push Suarez to 6 days rest and keep Grayson on 5. Then just have to see who they start Tuesday to see who goes Sunday. They could get cute and have a pen game as well. Hate to say it but one advantage of Burnes pitching Sunday is he can’t pitch in ASG.  
    • I’d probably want to isolate Fedde in a trade and make it less complicated. Norby and McDermott seems fair for him.  I believe Fedde has 2.5 season left. So that’s 3 playoffs. Similar to what Bud Norris had when we traded for him. 
    • For me, it’s an easy yes and I’d probably go for the enhanced package to add Brebbia for a couple DSL players (excepting Jordan Sanchez, Adriander Meija, Elvin Garcia, Keeler Morfe, and Esteban Meija). - Fedde is probably similar to Kremer or maybe a slight notch below, but better than Suarez and Irvin I think.  He improves the 4 spot in the rotation this year and next year with the extra year of control.  If he gives us a 4.15 ERA over this year and next, that may not be sexy but it is valuable. - Kopech “stuff” modeling metrics are off the charts - he is 5th out 157 qualified relievers.  He has a 3.39 SIERA. He’s controlled through next year. Perhaps, most importantly, he can be optioned this year. - Brebbia has a a 2.75 SIERA, 3.14 FIP, and 3.19 xFIP. His Stuff+ is 105.  He makes our bullpen better. - All three will benefit from better defense with the Orioles. - I’m not super high on Norby or Beavers.  I’m not sure what Norby’s carrying took is. Theoretically, it’s his hit tool but he is striking out 29% of the time. He is also not a particularly patient hitter.  He has middling exit velocities and most of his AAA home runs wouldn’t be home runs at Camden Yards. His defense has been known to be a weakness.  Beavers is far from a sure thing to stick in the MLB at all, much less become an average regular or better. I’m not sure the White Sox make this deal but I would (particularly if it transacted now and we got an extra month).
    • No better alternatives.    Keep evaluating him until we get another starter.  If he gets annihilated again, send him down regardless.
    • Have to see if today they announce Tuesdays SP or not. 
  • Popular Contributors