Mancini Drawing Interest

wildcard

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

High value is one thing, but what you consider high is absolutely ridiculous and completely unrealistic. As I said, he's a positionless player. You can't keep ignoring that fact. 

He’s a 1B and there’s nothing wrong with his defense there. He’s only playing COF here because of Davis and his albatross of a contract. 

He young, cheap, and under control for quite a while.

You ask for the moon...if you don’t get it you keep him. It’s a fairly simple formula.

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think your trade expectations for Mancini are a bit unrealistic. We'd be lucky to get a single top 100 prospect for him. He's a player without a position. That's a fact that can't be ignored. 

This is not a fact. His position is 1B. Only on the Orioles he’s not playing there exclusively and everyone knows why.

His value isn’t great because 1B/DH types are a dime a dozen.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think it would take a lot to trade Trey at this point. He’s only 27 and will only be 30-31 when we are competitive again.

I have no problem trading him but it would have to be a 3-4 player deal with 1 top 100, a fringe top 100, and a good but less regarded prospect or two

I'm curious what your basing your return on?

I know Mancini is cost controlled but I doubt you get four players. I'd be shocked if they got more than one fringe top 100 as the centerpiece

After a 2018 season that saw him regress to below-average league offensive levels (93 wRC+), outfielder Trey Mancini has reasserted himself this year as a high-caliber big league bat. From an offensive standpoint, Mancini’s .297 /.354 /.528 slash line (130 wRC+) would seem to represent a marked improvement over the outfield options of many clubs, even if defensive metrics continue to dog the 27-year-old’s performance on the grass. At worst, Mancini would seem to profile as a cheap, controllable DH option for an acquiring AL club.

Rosenthal does point out, however, that such cheap control could actually prove to be an impediment to a potential trade. Mancini, who will carry an arbitration figure for the first time next season, is currently making the league minimum, and–as a productive and recognizable Orioles player–he could be considered more valuable to the O’s franchise than to any other club. It may be just as reasonable, based on that viewpoint, to speculate the Orioles could play the wait-and-see game on Mancini’s market – perhaps with an eye on an offseason deal.

16 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I'm curious what your basing your return on?

I know Mancini is cost controlled but I doubt you get four players. I'd be shocked if they got more than one fringe top 100 as the centerpiece

Prospects are that .... You need more than 1 as many fail to materialize. You almost never see a good MPB player traded for a single prospect. Simply put ... history is the answer.

As I said, if you are not overwhelmed you aren’t under any pressure to deal him.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Bud Norris.

And do you think the current Astros care one bit about that transaction? Specifically the loss of Bud Norris? I doubt there was a Bud Norris black flag flown at their World Series parade.

3 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

And do you think the current Astros care one bit about that transaction? Specifically the loss of Bud Norris? I doubt there was a Bud Norris black flag flown at their World Series parade.

I think they'd love to have Hader back. 

13 minutes ago, weams said:

I think they'd love to have Hader back. 

Talk of hometown hero...here was a dyed in the wool, Orioles fan from Millersville, Old Mill High School, signed with the Os for 40,000 in the 19th round because it was the Os rather than just go to Anne Arundel Community College...I know, I know, Norris helped us get a division title, but, still, man....I really am happy he is having such success!!!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/anne-arundel/bs-xpm-2013-06-23-bs-md-ar-josh-hader-0623-20130623-story.html

Archived