Tracking our 2019 draftee pitchers

Frobby

3 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

The good news:  our GCL team is leading the league at 12-3.

The bad news:  we are probably 12-3 because our GCL team is loaded with college players, because we don't have room for them all at Aberdeen.

The average age of our GCL pitching staff is older than the staffs of Aberdeen or Delmarva, and about 1.5 years above league average.   

• Upvote 2

I will be pleasantly surprised if any of our 2019 drafted pitchers becomes a regular on the O's at any time in the future. My expectations aren't high, though I do feel like our development of those guys will be light years ahead of where it was in the past.

@Luke-OH for us laymen who don't have a good enough memory to remember which were the names that were interesting and which were not after reading through every draft thread, who are the names from these pitchers worth keeping an eye on? Seem to remember it being Dan Hammer and Ben Pederson. Will have to take a look again at McClarty and Gillispie's threads. 

14 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

@Luke-OH for us laymen who don't have a good enough memory to remember which were the names that were interesting and which were not after reading through every draft thread, who are the names from these pitchers worth keeping an eye on? Seem to remember it being Dan Hammer and Ben Pederson. Will have to take a look again at McClarty and Gillispie's threads. 

So, other than Hammer and McSweeney I wouldn’t get to excited over any of the 2019 pitcher draftees’ low minors stats. The group is mostly polished performers who should do really well in the GCL and Aberdeen. Hammer has three average pitches and McSweeney has a couple above average pitches but neither had much control/command or feel in college. With the rest of the class the thing to watch for is reports of velocity/stuff improvements in instructs or next year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Here's an update sorted by IP. Jake Prizina leading the way!

8vOyzRO.png

This is great. Thank you.

I think the best way to keep them sorted, to give the broadest idea of performance, would be to keep them grouped by level and sorted by WHIP.