Orioles trade Cashner to Red Sox

MurphDogg

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Keoni Cavaco was a potential day 3 125k prospect last summer, he signed for 4.05M a few weeks ago. 

These guys have played in the Tricky league, dominican instructs, and 120+ DSL PA and are at least a year older than when those deals were agreed to (probably longer). We don’t know what kind of bonus these guys would command now.

This is how I’m looking at it. Would people be as upset if both guys were $1 million + signs last year?  Imagine being able to have a re-draft or HS kids after watching them play in the GCL for 30 games. 

It was risky to wait with Cashner. It’s a seller’s market and it could have became flooded. Comparing this haul to precious hauls makes zero sense because it’s a different game and teams have smartened up. 

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Heck at 17 he might not be done growing, or the measurement might be a year old and he's already taller.

I know he's out there getting his remarks ready but where is @atomic*?  I wanna hear what he got on this!  I'm a Plus member and I demand it! @Cy Bundy 's on board so that's good!  ?  For the record (as if anyone cares), I'm all in for this (loving the spiked orange Koolaid) and love the reactions here.  That's why I pay the big bucks!  And I won't even be around (aka dead) when these guys get their cup o' joe!  ?

*  I finally got around to reading his "bully pulpit" and I wasn't dismayed.

5 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Wow!  Stripped bare - a sapling with the bark whittled off ......  ?

The cupboard is definitely bare..... It will be tough getting through the season with Cashner gone and Bundy down. They might have to put Eshelman and Straily in the rotation.

I th No they could still get a nice haul for Mancini, and Villar has value as well. I just don't see us selling low on Givens.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

The cupboard is definitely bare..... It will be tough getting through the season with Cashner gone and Bundy down. They might have to put Eshelman and Straily in the rotation.

I th No they could still get a nice haul for Mancini, and Villar has value as well. I just don't see us selling low on Givens.

It will be fun to watch Hays, Stewart and Santander patrol the ballyard chasing down screaming exit velocities!

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If it is actually a miss a week issue it won't stop anything.  

So 10 days would push out to the 24th. That would give him a week to pitch a whopper that might convince a team to take a chance. I doubt they will give Bundy away to dump him off the roster and I doubt teams price will go up based on the fact that he might deal with a nagging knee injury the rest of the way.

Just my 2 cents .....you could be right

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

So 10 days would push out to the 24th. That would give him a week to pitch a whopper that might convince a team to take a chance. I doubt they will give Bundy away to dump him off the roster and I doubt teams price will go up based on the fact that he might deal with a nagging knee injury the rest of the way.

Just my 2 cents .....you could be right

Teams will have access to his medicals.  If it is actually not much of anything they will know.

Archived