With the Orioles saving about 250m in salary for 19-21, should O's adjust ALL ticket prices accordingly?

TradeAngelos

I mean it is the least they could do to prevent regular crowds of 10k a game and general fan discontent. They could literally give the tickets away for free and only lose about 35m a season (and with 2019 already done, it would only be for 2 yrs not 3 now) I know this is crazy outside the box thinking to give the fans their money's worth which is almost nothing these days, but in overall scheme of things it might actually pay off? Not only that they would recoup a bunch of the money on concessions and other stuff. They would still be up 200m or more from 2019-2021. 200m that will be "forgotten" about when everyone tells us how we are a small market team and can't afford to pay anyone IF we actually get competitive at some point. Heck I would be cutting checks to season ticket holders and starting it right now, eliminating that ridiculous excuse about "well we have season ticket holders that need to be protected". This is an absolute disgrace of a product and will be for years to come. Who in their right mind is going to buy tickets going forward to see a 60m payroll team of minor leaguers? 

3 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

I mean it is the least they could do to prevent regular crowds of 10k a game and general fan discontent. They could literally give the tickets away for free and only lose about 35m a season (and with 2019 already done, it would only be for 2 yrs not 3 now) I know this is crazy outside the box thinking to give the fans their money's worth which is almost nothing these days, but in overall scheme of things it might actually pay off? Not only that they would recoup a bunch of the money on concessions and other stuff. They would still be up 200m or more from 2019-2021. 200m that will be "forgotten" about when everyone tells us how we are a small market team and can't afford to pay anyone IF we actually get competitive at some point. Heck I would be cutting checks to season ticket holders and starting it right now, eliminating that ridiculous excuse about "well we have season ticket holders that need to be protected". This is an absolute disgrace of a product and will be for years to come. Who in their right mind is going to buy tickets going forward to see a 60m payroll team of minor leaguers? 

Since they are currently doing less than that it isn't the least they could do.

10 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Hawaiian Shirt, MD Flag Jersey, Brooks bobblehead. Fireworks, movie nights, singer in the CF bar. They're trying...

Oh you mean with promotions that every single sports team on the planet offers? Yeah they are going above and beyond for sure. Bader is a marketing genius. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Unk said:

Wish they would reduce concessions.  Just got home from looking at $9.75 for a beer, $12.50 for chicken tenders, and the kicker a $41.00 pizza at Pizza John's.

Wait are you serious with those prices?? I obviously haven't been in a while but that is absurd. The Red Sox charge $8 for a beer. The Yankees charge $6. 

I don’t care about the price of games. I would not take my family to see a game if they rolled out the red carpet for us and everything was free. It’s more relaxing and convenient to watch bad baseball in the comfort of my home, with the ability to change the channel once I’m bored. 

10 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Wait are you serious with those prices?? I obviously haven't been in a while but that is absurd. The Red Sox charge $8 for a beer. The Yankees charge $6. 

No way that’s the price for a beer. Their craft beer starts at 8, let alone their domestics.