With the Orioles saving about 250m in salary for 19-21, should O's adjust ALL ticket prices accordingly?

TradeAngelos

29 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Last year,they promoted that concessions went down.This year, they went back up.Medium soda was $3.75 last year.This year went to $4.25.Beer,tenders, etc .all went up from .50 to over a $1.00.

Someone I know at the Orioles said  they did this to give the concession break to season ticket holders who get discounts.

Yes, you get 15% off concessions as an orange member, and 20% off as a black/platinum member.  About a month ago, they expanded the coverage to include Boogs and just about every other place except the fruit smoothie stand.  Half of the time, I forget to wear the goofy lanyard so I don't get it, I guess that they were also hoping that would happen.  

• Upvote 1

Perfect opportunity to rebuild the fan base along with the team. Bring in an army of fresh Sports Marketing graduates and let them loose to figure out how to get a new generation of fans into those seats.

Forget all of the old, tired giveaways and ticket packages. Target a younger fan base and families with every theme night imaginable and make prime seating (currently empty seats) affordable. This should be done at both the major and minor league level.

With some luck (or Oriole Magic) you will have cultivated a fresh fan base to grow up with the young talent by the time they are competitive again.

3 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

No way that’s the price for a beer. Their craft beer starts at 8, let alone their domestics.

I had a 16 oz Flying Dog on draft from the Flying Dog Pub behind first base last night, I believe it was 11.25.

1 hour ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Yes, you get 15% off concessions as an orange member, and 20% off as a black/platinum member.  About a month ago, they expanded the coverage to include Boogs and just about every other place except the fruit smoothie stand.  Half of the time, I forget to wear the goofy lanyard so I don't get it, I guess that they were also hoping that would happen.  

Oh, so THAT's why I see Weams walking around with a lanyard around his neck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drdelaware said:

I was paying 9.25 a beer last night on domestics.  I honestly think the Ravens are cheaper on that now   Bud light in a metal bottle.

The Ravens followed the Atlanta Falcons lead last season and significantly lowered a bunch of concession prices for basic items like beer, sodas, hot dogs, etc.   

Os are Legend was telling me the Braves have done the same thing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Last year,they promoted that concessions went down.This year, they went back up.Medium soda was $3.75 last year.This year went to $4.25.Beer,tenders, etc .all went up from .50 to over a $1.00.

Someone I know at the Orioles said  they did this to give the concession break to season ticket holders who get discounts.

This just makes no sense. They should have left the prices from last year. Still can give plan holders the price break. Basically season holders see getting the previous prices like you said. 

If they are losing plan holders then that means they are relying on individual buyers and yet those people are paying more for food now. Not a good way to attract more people.  

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I actually like the new hot dogs as well. 

*I don't like hot dogs*, but I miss to ones floating in hot water, with squishy buns, ans 150 degree mustard, at Memorial Stadium, lol.  Glad you all liked them, but I wasn't a fan.

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Making the Hawaiian shirt game,an Elite game backfired on them.24,820 in attendance. Paying $15.00 to $50.00 or so more then the day game for a Hawaiian shirt is not good.

Yeah. This is something else they do I don’t get. A giveaway means something for free. The high price takes away that aspect. Basically paying for it.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Unk said:

*I don't like hot dogs*, but I miss to ones floating in hot water, with squishy buns, ans 150 degree mustard, at Memorial Stadium, lol.  Glad you all liked them, but I wasn't a fan.

I was disappointed that Esskay left. It was tradition and you could buy them at the grocery store. 

That said I do admit, I like the ones this year. Different flavor that I like.  

• Upvote 1