With the Orioles saving about 250m in salary for 19-21, should O's adjust ALL ticket prices accordingly?

TradeAngelos

14 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Wait are you serious with those prices?? I obviously haven't been in a while but that is absurd. The Red Sox charge $8 for a beer. The Yankees charge $6. 

Dead serious.  Don't know if it was more in the club level, but that's what they were there.

34 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Wait are you serious with those prices?? I obviously haven't been in a while but that is absurd. The Red Sox charge $8 for a beer. The Yankees charge $6. 

I think both of those teams charge those prices for the small beers, like 8oz. Think I paid $12 for a beer last time I was in New York.

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don’t care about the price of games. I would not take my family to see a game if they rolled out the red carpet for us and everything was free. It’s more relaxing and convenient to watch bad baseball in the comfort of my home, with the ability to change the channel once I’m bored. 

This is what it's all about, IMO.  I don't care if the team is good or not, I don't care if it was 8 bucks for a beer last year and now 9.75 for a beer this year.  

The hassle of getting there, sitting in the nasty heat (although I've learned that seats under the overhang are where it's at), getting home...essentially taking up most of the day for what's probably not a good game of baseball isn't worth it.  

I've got a big screen tv here with a great picture, my own food that's not at stadium cost, a/c, the ability to change the channel, wifi...Camden Yards is a great place, I've been more times than I can count.  I'll go to two games a year.  It's a nice time.  But at no time in the past few years do I say "Damn, I'm so glad I came here."

The home viewing experience has surpassed anything you can get at a stadium, save for maybe a playoff game.  Same for NFL, IMO.  

• Upvote 1

For the most part I'm fine with ticket prices, with the exception being the Elite/Prime games or whatever they are called now. It's pretty easy to find tickets for less than face value on the secondary market. 

Concessions is where they really need to adjust prices. My son and I sat 3 rows behind the O's dugout last time we went, and I paid $52 per ticket, add in parking I spent about $112. I don't remember the exact amount I spent on food and drinks, but it was nearly the same amount, and that was without beer, just Boogs, sodas, chicken tenders, pretzels,  a lemonade and cotton candy.

3 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

I was paying 9.25 a beer last night on domestics.  I honestly think the Ravens are cheaper on that now   Bud light in a metal bottle.

Some beers went up $1.25 from last year.Big articles about concessions going down  last year.This year they went up and the so called media in this town did no articles. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

I mean it is the least they could do to prevent regular crowds of 10k a game and general fan discontent. They could literally give the tickets away for free and only lose about 35m a season (and with 2019 already done, it would only be for 2 yrs not 3 now) I know this is crazy outside the box thinking to give the fans their money's worth which is almost nothing these days, but in overall scheme of things it might actually pay off? Not only that they would recoup a bunch of the money on concessions and other stuff. They would still be up 200m or more from 2019-2021. 200m that will be "forgotten" about when everyone tells us how we are a small market team and can't afford to pay anyone IF we actually get competitive at some point. Heck I would be cutting checks to season ticket holders and starting it right now, eliminating that ridiculous excuse about "well we have season ticket holders that need to be protected". This is an absolute disgrace of a product and will be for years to come. Who in their right mind is going to buy tickets going forward to see a 60m payroll team of minor leaguers? 

Yeah. No. It's A rebuild. 

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Some beers went up $1.25 from last year.Big articles about concessions going down  last year.This year they went up and the so called media in this town did no articles. 

I get 20 percent off. They gave us free hot dogs up in Club level today. 

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

Hawaiian Shirt, MD Flag Jersey, Brooks bobblehead. Fireworks, movie nights, singer in the CF bar. They're trying...

Maybe they should stop having baseball games and just have giveaways and special events.

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

Hawaiian Shirt, MD Flag Jersey, Brooks bobblehead. Fireworks, movie nights, singer in the CF bar. They're trying...

A couple problems as I see them: 

1.) Hawaiian shirt and MD Flag jersey when they started it (or for Hawaiian, restarted) sold very well.  I remember going to the first MD Flag jersey game, all of the gates were packed for entry.  It was a legit sell out, with SRO tickets going for $90 plus.  The problem isn't just the price as someone mentioned it, the problem is that the demand isn't there for it on the third year.  Yes, they did something different, but it's not enough to keep interest up after the first time.  

2.) The bobblehead offerings this year are ridiculous.  The Orioles are offering one stadium giveaway bobble-head, which is Brooks.  I'm not asking for 12 like the Dodgers have, but the Nationals have 6-8 bobblehead offerings each year.  Scherzer, their top pitcher, has had a bobblehead three years running.  There's no need to space them out like the Orioles have done.  Machado received one Orioles bobblehead if I recall, the platinum glove one.  

They just did an augmented reality display for the statues out in center field.  Why couldn't they highlight that more with bobbleheads of Cal, Earl, Brooks, Jim and Frank?  Why not make the bobbleheads match the statues in appearance?  Or they are celebrating the Why Not 89 Orioles?  Why not have bobbleheads commemorating players from that team? 

While it's not as bad as it used to be with all of the t-shirt offerings, I do miss things like the golf umbrella, fathers day grill set, etc that they tried in the 2015-16 season.  I thought that was the best time for giveaways.  

Also, our tickets are pretty damn affordable compared to other stadiums, even $75 for a box seat for an elite game.  In Texas, I paid $80 for the farthest away seats for Adrian Beltre's number retirement game and bobblehead while on vacation.  I spent $100-plus each night for my ticket behind the dugout when the Orioles were there.  

Edited by ThomasTomasz

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is what it's all about, IMO.  I don't care if the team is good or not, I don't care if it was 8 bucks for a beer last year and now 9.75 for a beer this year.  

The hassle of getting there, sitting in the nasty heat (although I've learned that seats under the overhang are where it's at), getting home...essentially taking up most of the day for what's probably not a good game of baseball isn't worth it.  

I've got a big screen tv here with a great picture, my own food that's not at stadium cost, a/c, the ability to change the channel, wifi...Camden Yards is a great place, I've been more times than I can count.  I'll go to two games a year.  It's a nice time.  But at no time in the past few years do I say "Damn, I'm so glad I came here."

The home viewing experience has surpassed anything you can get at a stadium, save for maybe a playoff game.  Same for NFL, IMO.  

I would rather see the game in person.  Baseball is boring on TV.  I find it the opposite of football.  The NFL is great on tv and boring in person,  baseball boring on tv and fun in person. Well as long as you aren’t in the upper deck. My daughter has no interest in baseball.  Maybe if they had some female players she would be interested.  But they dont so we,aren’t attending many games.