Not to be whiny, but can we just cut Richie Martin loose already?

DocJJ

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

You can get an unfiltered Paulaner at the brewery.  I was staying at a hotel in Munich and was trying to meet up with my cousins who live there and spotted a beirgarten down the street on Google maps.  Told my cousins the address and they were like that is the Paulaner Brewery.

Paulaner makes the best hefe. It’s not even close. 

Anyone know what brands of beer, German or otherwise, Richie Martin prefers? (I'm trying to subtly steer this thread back to Martin's future.)

FWIW, I'm liking his hitting, bunting and fielding more the last couple of weeks -- or probably more accurately, disliking them a lot less. He's .324/.375/.405 since the All-Star break (40 PAs), and I find the prospect of his being the Oriole shortstop, or IF utility guy, in 2021 much less upsetting than I did this spring. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Anyone know what brands of beer, German or otherwise, Richie Martin prefers? (I'm trying to subtly steer this thread back to Martin's future.)

FWIW, I'm liking his hitting, bunting and fielding more the last couple of weeks -- or probably more accurately, disliking them a lot less. He's .324/.375/.405 since the All-Star break (40 PAs), and I find the prospect of his being the Oriole shortstop, or IF utility guy, in 2021 much less upsetting than I did this spring. 

Heineken.He is on top of the emblem.

Image result for ricky martin heineken

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I assume that the Orioles will take advantage of his ability to be optioned next season. And that is probably a good thing. 

14 hours ago, atomic said:

You can get an unfiltered Paulaner at the brewery.  I was staying at a hotel in Munich and was trying to meet up with my cousins who live there and spotted a beirgarten down the street on Google maps.  Told my cousins the address and they were like that is the Paulaner Brewery. 

We don't get the Augustiner here that they sell in Munich.  Great stuff.  Best thing about the Bavarian beers is they come in 1 liter servings and they are all natural.  Nothing like drinking beer outside under big trees. 

Problem with IPA's is you can't sit around drinking IPAs all day they are too strong and now it is a game to see who can make the hoppiest.  I feel most IPAs are worse than beers like Miller Lite.  It is the equivalent of pouring a ton of salt into food.  At a certain point all you taste is salt.   With most IPAs all you taste is the Hops.  

Plus you go to some place that has 60 beers on tap and 55 of them are IPAs. How boring is that.  Go to a huge in Germany and they have maybe 4 beers on tap:  A helles, a dunkel a weisbeir and a dunkel weisbeir. But you know what you get is going to be good. 

Also I love Bavaria.  Did some hike up a mountain and you would think there would be nothing up at the top but there were 3 beirgartens and a bunch of goats.  Went to a castle in Salzburg, Austria and there were three places selling beer inside the castle.  

Anyway I will be in Belgium next week.  I am looking forward to drinking a lot of beer there as well.  

Enjoy your beer Automic. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

I assume that the Orioles will take advantage of his ability to be optioned next season. And that is probably a good thing. 

If his OPS is .780 in August and September, he’s our SS of the future. That’s a big leap from 40 PAs though. Of course, he’ll have no chance if his B.A.C. Is .16%, lol.

23 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

If his OPS is .780 in August and September, he’s our SS of the future. That’s a big leap from 40 PAs though. Of course, he’ll have no chance if his B.A.C. Is .16%, lol.

I agree completely. But (a) he just looks better -- not good, but better -- at the plate the last few weeks, and (b) I wouldn't have thought in April or May that he'd be capable of that for even a 40-PA stretch.

I didn't say, but I think it's pretty obvious, that having gone this far with Martin weighing down the bottom of the lineup, the Orioles shouldn't cut him loose but should keep him on the 25-man (or IL) the rest of this season and see what he can do at Norfolk next year.    

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

If Richie Martin is the shortstop of the future then Don Long and the rest of the mlb development staff deserve a raise

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

To me the most telling part of that statistic is that Martin has only had 40 PA since the all star break.   Meanwhile Villar has had 93.    Martin has started only 11 of 20 games since the break.   

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

How much of that slash line, batting average mainly, is bunting for a hit?  

Per Fangraphs, 4 of Martin’s 42 hits this year have been bunts.    Don’t know how many of those were post all star break.    

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

How much of that slash line, batting average mainly, is bunting for a hit?  

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per Fangraphs, 4 of Martin’s 42 hits this year have been bunts.    Don’t know how many of those were post all star break.    

Because I’m anal: 3 of his 12 post-ASB hits came on bunts.