Tanner Scott

weams

o

Opponents are batting .092 off of Scott for the 2017 season) O.o

9 OUTS: )  4 Strikeouts,  4 Lineouts, 1 Flyout

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT )))))) (vs. AA-Richmond, 5/13)

IP:;)..l) 3))

H:)l,..)  0 ) ll

R:.lllllll) 0

BB:o)).

SO:l))) 4

Pitches: l) 46 )(31 )Strikes, )15 )Balls)0

2017 ERA: l)  1.29 )(AA-Bowie)

2017 WHIP: l)  1.048 )(AA-Bowie) )  21 IP (22 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .092 )(AA-Bowie) )  .107 (6 for 65)

PITCHES BY INNING 

*****************))

91 ll(71 )Strikes, l) 2 ..Balls)

26 )l(17 ,Strikes, ll 9 .lBalls)

11 l)(71 )Strikes.l ..Balls)

o

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Opponents are batting .092 off of Scott for the 2017 season. ) O.o

9 OUTS: )  4 Strikeouts,  4 Lineouts, 1 Flyout

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT )))))) (vs. AA-Richmond, 5/13)

IP:;)..l) 3))

H:))ll.)  0 ) ll

R:l))l.lll 0

BB:lllll)

SO:l)l.4

Pitches: l) 46 )(31 )Strikes, )15 )Balls)0

2017 ERA: l)  1.29 )(AA-Bowie)

2017 WHIP: l)  1.048 )(AA-Bowie) )  21 IP (22 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .092 )(AA-Bowie) )  .107 (6 for 65)

PITCHES BY INNING 

91 l.(71 llStrikes, ...Balls)

26 lll(17 llStrikes, ll 9 .lBalls)

11 lll(71 )Strikes, .l ..Balls)

o

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Suddenly the walks are way down.   0 last time, 1 this time,   And a total of one hit in the two outings. This three innings every five days routine seems to be working like a charm. 

So what do they do with him next?   Move him to the closer or stretch him out as a starter?

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

So what do they do with him next?   Move him to the closer or stretch him out as a starter?

I think they continue with this program for another month, then evaluate.    If he keeps his BB/9 under control (say, under 4.0) over his next 5-6 outings), I actually think they should consider extending his outings.    They previously reported that there was no thought of converting him to a starter, but it's easier to extend him and then go back the other way than it is to the opposite. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think they continue with this program for another month, then evaluate.    If he keeps his BB/9 under control (say, under 4.0) over his next 5-6 outings), I actually think they should consider extending his outings.    They previously reported that there was no thought of converting him to a starter, but it's easier to extend him and then go back the other way than it is to the opposite. 

If he can keep the walks under control call him up and stick him in the pen.

He hasn't developed a third pitch when I wasn't looking has he?  Still fastball/Slider?  That won't play as a starter.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He hasn't developed a third pitch when I wasn't looking has he?  Still fastball/Slider?  That won't play as a starter.

They don't plan form him to be a starter. He is starting so he has to mix in the slider and work on his command a bit more.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you throw 100 mph it might.   What was Randy Johnson's mix?

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

FB/Slider/Splitteqr (Brooks says FB/Slider/Sinker)

And Walter Johnson was a FB/Curve guy.

Are you honestly comparing Tanner Scott to a hall of famer?rtf

Remember, I'm the guy who said three weeks ago that said I prefer Alex Wells types to Tanner Scott types.    I've been extremely skeptical of Scott due to his extreme command problems.    But I'm pretty excited by the progress he's made in his last few outings.   Let's see if it continues. He had a 9.0 BB/9 in his first 5 outings, before walking only 1 batter over the last two.   He's only allowed 6 hits in 21 innings, which is just crazy.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Remember, I'm the guy who said three weeks ago that said I prefer Alex Wells types to Tanner Scott types.    I've been extremely skeptical of Scott due to his extreme command problems.    But I'm pretty excited by the progress he's made in his last few outings.   Let's see if it continues. He had a 9.0 BB/9 in his first 5 outings, before walking only 1 batter over the last two.   He's only allowed 6 hits in 21 innings, which is just crazy.  

I agree he has done very well recently.

Do you agree that the O's could use an impact arm in the pen?

Do you agree that the odds of a two pitch guy transitioning from the pen to a starting gig are slim?

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree he has done very well recently.

Do you agree that the O's could use an impact arm in the pen?

Do you agree that the odds of a two pitch guy transitioning from the pen to a starting gig are slim?

If I thought in the near term he could be the next Andrew Miller, I'd probably give up the chance that in another year or two he could be a tough starting pitcher.    I agree the latter is improbable, though obviously the payoff would be huge if he could make that transition.    

In any event, I want to see him continuing to keep his BB rate down for several more weeks before deciding what to do with him.    Another question is how will he adjust when not in his current routine of throwing on a predictable schedule.    

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Correct.  There have been two pitch starting pitchers.   However, I do think the Orioles are going to look for him to help them out this year if he keeps it up and that would definitely be in the bullpen.    I certainly be curious to see what happened if they stretched him out to 4-5-6 innings.   I wonder if anyone in the organization is curious as well.

The Reds originally wanted to make Aroldis Chapman a starter.

Chapman can't come close to holding his velocity as a starter.

No idea if Scott can.

Archived