I really want to keep Villar (Update: Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas)

AceKing

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm not sure they need a bridge, Madrigal projects better than Villar for 2020

Based on pro-rating Steamer and Depth Charts out to 162 games, or based on another projection?

Because I think they are light on Villar at 1.9 and 1.8 following seasons of 4.0, 2.0, -0.4 and 3.0.

I also don't think pro-rating is necessarily fair since Madrigal just had his first "full" 120 game season. 162 is a grind and Villar has proven he can do it.

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Based on pro-rating Steamer and Depth Charts out to 162 games, or based on another projection?

Because I think they are light on Villar at 1.9 and 1.8 following seasons of 4.0, 2.0, -0.4 and 3.

I also don't think pro-rating is necessarily fair since Madrigal just had his first "full" 120 game season. 162 is a grind and Villar has proven he can do it.

Yeah, pro-rating. Not perfect by any means and I think there is some missing on Villar when he gets everyday PT. I don't believe Madrigal will necessarily be better than Villar in 2020, but just that you could see a team thinking he's not much of an upgrade over Madrigal. 

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, pro-rating. Not perfect by any means and I think there is some missing on Villar when he gets everyday PT. I don't believe Madrigal will necessarily be better than Villar in 2020, but just that you could see a team thinking he's not much of an upgrade over Madrigal. 

We'll see. Based on their DFA-ing, Sanchez it looks like they may hand the job to Madrigal. A little surprised they wouldn't play the service time games with Madrigal as he only has 29 AAA starts. Trading for Villar and having him start for two months and then trading him (or keeping him as a quality backup for Madrigal and Anderson) does make some sense. Then again, they could sign someone for second base for cheaper without giving anybody up and do the same thing.

I will be pretty disappointed if the Orioles can't get anything for him. He is a quality player and the team is worse off without him. Guess they will go with an Alberto/Wilkerson platoon at second and ?????? at shortstop.

The team is profitable, they shouldn't let 4 WAR players walk away for nothing.

• Upvote 1