The Death March begins

SteveA

August Death March: What will the Orioles' record be?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Orioles do in the next 22 games, 19 of which are against some of the best teams in MLB?

• 0-22 or 1-21
    • 2-20 or 3-19
    • 4-18
    • 5-17
    • 6-16
    • 7-15
    • 8-14
    • 9-13
    • 10-12
    • 11-11 or better

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 23:45

10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

When Brutal Stretch Arrived, the O's Hit a Roadblock

(By Steve Melewski)

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/08/when-brutal-stretch-arrived-os-hit-a-roadblock.html

o

o

ONE DAY LATER )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 8/18)

The Orioles scored 6 runs in the first 3 innings, chasing Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi in the process.

They were outscored 13-1 the rest of the way, en route to a 13-7 loss ...... extremely disheartening for many of us Oriole fans.

o

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

ONE DAY LATER )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 8/18)

The Orioles scored 6 runs in the first 3 innings, chasing Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi in the process.

They were outscored 13-1 the rest of the way, en route to a 13-7 loss ...... extremely disheartening for many of us Oriole fans.

o

And the Rays staged a late inning comeback to beat the Tigers 5-4.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

In the midst of their Death March, the Orioles took 2 out of 3 games from the Royals.

o

The Orioles followed that up by splitting a 4-game series with the playoff-hungry Rays.

They are 4-2 over their last 6 games.

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

The Orioles followed that up by splitting a 4-game series with the playoff-hungry Rays.

They are 4-2 over their last 6 games.

o

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

And 5-15 for the subject games, with 2 to go.

That beats 3-17 with 2 games to go.

o

Way I see it, we’ll be getting a very good to outstanding prospect anywhere between 1 and 4, and I’m content with that. Frankly, I’d just as soon avoid the stigma of having 1:1 in consecutive years. Losing to that degree is something that can fester within, and indeed infest, an organization; I don’t want these young, impressionable players we have coming through the pipeline to potentially settle into that mentality. 

Anyway, more on topic: this has been quite a rough stretch, and I readily admit I was wrong; I was among those who voted we’d break even or better. But this was a nice, overall well-played series vs. a team that’s still harboring postseason hopes, so I’ll continue to hope we can spoil as much as we can over this final month and change.

4 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

Way I see it, we’ll be getting a very good to outstanding prospect anywhere between 1 and 4, and I’m content with that. Frankly, I’d just as soon avoid the stigma of having 1:1 in consecutive years. Losing to that degree is something that can fester within, and indeed infest, an organization; I don’t want these young, impressionable players we have coming through the pipeline to potentially settle into that mentality. 

Anyway, more on topic: this has been quite a rough stretch, and I readily admit I was wrong; I was among those who voted we’d break even or better. But this was a nice, overall well-played series vs. a team that’s still harboring postseason hopes, so I’ll continue to hope we can spoil as much as we can over this final month and change.

Tell that to the Astros that got three straight 1:1.

• Upvote 1