vs. YANKEES, 8/06

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

DJ Stewart just hit in the head trying to dive to catch a fly ball. Didn't someone else take a ball to the face trying to catch it recently? Fisher for the Jays?

Yep, very different play.   Fisher camped under it and somehow lost it (blocked by his own glove?) and it hit him just below the right eye.   Stewart attempted a dive, went into it too soon, and his glove had gotten past the ball as he was sliding (on the wet grass?) and the ball hit the upper left corner of his head.

Honestly, I think he should have been taken out.   He could have a concussion.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep, very different play.   Fisher camped under it and somehow lost it (blocked by his own glove?) and it hit him just below the right eye.   Stewart attempted a dive, went into it too soon, and his glove had gotten past the ball as he was sliding (on the wet grass?) and the ball hit the upper left corner of his head.

I think he put his arm up because he lost the ball and was trying to avoid getting hit in the head and anyway.  

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, different plays, but equally silly looking. He mistimed that about as bad as you could and his glove was right there, he just missed it completely. It hit him right in the temple it looked like.. or right above it.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Stewart has that look on his face after a QB gets concussed.

He's either blinking his eyes, resting both hands on his knees or staring blankly off into the stands when they show him. Looks a little glassy-eyed.