vs. YANKEES, 8/06

OFFNY

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Gregorius comes as close as anyone in a long time to hitting the warehouse.

Didi Gregorius, career .680 OPS and a HR every 56 plate appearances before the Yankees acquired him.

.764 and a HR every 22 plate appearances as a Yankee.

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Logan Morrison almost hit it last year. I think he came closer than Didi.

With these super balls that MLB is using we might see someone hit the warehouse finally. Cody Bellinger, when the Dodgers visit in September, is a good bet as any other player. It's a shame Chris Davis is a shell of what he once was or we might have seen him hit the warehouse already. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

With these super balls that MLB is using we might see someone hit the warehouse finally. Cody Bellinger, when the Dodgers visit in September, is a good bet as any other player. It's a shame Chris Davis is a shell of what he once was or we might have seen him hit the warehouse already. 

Since he came to the league, I've had my eye on Joey Gallo as someone I thought could do it.   Of course we only play one home series a year against the Rangers so his opportunities are limited.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Since he came to the league, I've had my eye on Joey Gallo as someone I thought could do it.   Of course we only play one home series a year against the Rangers so his opportunities are limited.

Gallo is another good choice. It's too bad he is out until September with an injury. Looked like he was becoming an all around player this year. 

The warehouse is 439ft away from home plate. It's kind of amazing that no one has ever hit it in the fly during a game not even during the 90's or early 2000's. It would take a blast, but 439ft home runs aren't that uncommon.